Ford Festiva Wiki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Festiva Wiki

I spent a bit of time today working on a prototype of the wiki mentioned in my previous post.

You can take a look at it here.

I have reworked a couple of the stickies found around the forum, but this is still just a prototype.

I would love to be able to link to the forum's user database, so that everyone could use their same login/password combination, but I don't know if that will happen.

Let me know what you guys think!

I really like the lay out there. It is much easier to read.
    88L - Awaiting bigger and better things
    92L - Dead and needs love - was DD
    91 - Shell with title
    92GL - receiving B8 Swap and will be DD

Comment

It IS much easier to read.

I really think it would be a great tool to capture all the knowledge locked away in the depths of some of the posts around here. The "Be sure to put that washer back, because that won't seal if you don't" and the "You can use this piece off of this completely unrelated car and it will fit perfectly!" kind of replies would be golden to capture!

I think if I can get it opened up to edit by everyone on this forum, as well as make it readable by the public, we can get some amazing information and KEEP IT UP TO DATE! We might even manage to keep more of these awesome little cars on the road for longer with this kind of info easily accessible.

Comment

*Horatio Caine* YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Love it. Keep up the good work, my man! Will be a tremendous help to new members, too. Def. need a section for wheel bearings and how to change a thermostat without breaking the housing! :p
        White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
        White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
        1988 LX 5-speed
        ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

That will be a really great resource. The B8 swap I'd been researching and there it is. You're the man......:thumbs_up: Keep up the good work.
          Jack Byrd,
          1991 Capri
          1988 Festiva LX, 240K
          1970 Chev C10
          1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

That is very cool. Found out through the paint codes that Black (ebony) was only available in 92-93 years!

Looking at going to see about a black one, possibly!
            Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
            Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
            Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
            Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
            http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

I'm glad you guys are getting some use out of it already! None of the information on it is original. All the posts are from stickies here on the forum. Now, just think of how much more useful info will be available when everyone is able to contribute to the wiki!

I think I'll try to get ahold of the admin this weekend and see if we can work out a way to get the usernames synced.

Comment

We are currently working on the same thing for us Capri folks. It's really handy, and ultra-efficient at providing information. Looks good!
                1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
                High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
                Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

Looks good!!!!
                  91' Festiva GL Auto EFI--- BP swapped, G-Series swap in the works.
                  Adjustable VW MK2 front suspension and Aspire disc brakes
                  Aspire rear axle and drum swapped with adjustable KYB rear suspension

LOOKING FOR RUST FREE SHELL IN CALIFORNIA

Comment

Came in handy already, keep with it man, if there's anything I can do to help, I've made something like this before, message me or get ahold of me via the facebook

Car #789
                    Sponsors: Williams American Construction, Dewaynes Tire service, Roofing Supply Group
                    1992 Festiva L - BP Swapped, Aspire Swapped, Rally America Sanctioned.
                    1993 Festiva GL - 4sp Automatic and the bluest car i've ever seen...
                    http://www.facebook.com/warally

Comment

very cool, love it
                      89 LX (461xxx miles original motor and trans, retired)
                      90 L (restoration in progress)
                      91 L (saved from abusive owner lol)
                      92 L (DD)
                      88 (model unknown, rust free, possible project)
                      88-89 (parts car. practically picked to the bone)
                      93 GL (parts car)

Comment

Working...
                      X