Whats it worth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats it worth

Just trying to get a feel for how much I should expect to pay for a factory stock, low miles (70K), 5 spd 92 L modle.

Depending on exterior condition and running condition. $500-2000.

If it's in pretty decent shape. Little to no rust. Runs fine. Doesn't need a million things done to be a good DD. I say $1000-1500.
    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
    Random Festiva Parts
    Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

If it's in Los Anchorage and been driven during the half-year we have snow+ice on the ground, it could well have some rust.
      88L black, dailydriver
      88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
      4 88/89 disassembled
      91L green
      91GL aqua pwrsteer
      92GL red a/c reardmg
      3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
      1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

Also with the low miles, make sure it's running before you pay a lot for it. The ethynol in gas can damage the fuel system. I had that happen to one I'm building, that's how I know. Mine is the second one I've seen ethynol damage due to sitting with fuel in the tank.
        Last edited by Team Lightning; 09-17-2013, 12:55 AM.
        Jerry
        Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
        90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
        92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
        93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Value is the difference between what the seller believes it's worth and what the buyer is willing to pay. It is a pretty restrictive market these days for Festys now that they're 20-25 years old. Easiest is to lo-ball a purchase offer and then sit back and wait. I wanted a parts Aspire a few years ago and tracked one down (this one was clean and running no less!) for $550. When all you really want is the brakes and suspension $500 seemed a bit stiff. I contacted the vendor and invited him to contact me should the car not sell within a month or two. Ultimately I got it for $50 more than scrap value ($200) and this was because it didn't bother me too much to discover that it came with new bearings/brakes/shocks and springs. I suppose I could have kept the engine and a few other things but the experience I had with trying to sell Aspire parts off a previous Festy swap was dismal.

Comment

Working...
          X