Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That RED button...

Guys and Gals,

I want to thank everyone for their suggestions when the Festerossa broke down earlier... Once the battery connections were cleaned and redone, the engine would turn over and not start.. After checking all ignition connections and spark to the plugs.. it dawned upon to check that damn red button in the back driver's side rear panel. Sure enough it popped.. I pressed it back in and away I went...

Guess moral of the story.. Crank no start situation, might want to check the red button first.. may save some aggravation...

David

the other thing to question is: what caused the switch to trip in the first place?
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

not sure. I was backing out of a parking space, car went dead. power whatsoever.. dirty battery connections and no tools.. later I cleaned and it turned over.. I assume a battery spike may have triggered the switch??

Comment

No. It is an inertia switch. It would have to be bumped hard or violently flipped. If you have one in your hand, you can feel it trigger as you flick your wrist.

Comment

On my '89 the danged thing would randomly trigger itself after sitting. Jumpered it and no more problems.

Comment

It should be replaced. It is there to shut the fuel pump off in case you are involved in a crash or rollover.

Comment

I have had to replace one on a car many many years ago that had gotten lazy and would intermittently trip itself for no reason. It was the first and last one I've seen with this issue, but I guess anything is possible.

X2 on replacing it. They're easy to find at the scrappers or from another forum member.
              Last edited by Zanzer; 09-21-2013, 01:38 PM.
              If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
              Zulu Ministries

Comment

Working...
              X