newest acquisition, and it's a peach!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newest acquisition, and it's a peach!

After sitting in somebody's back field for 5 years. I got a call from someone who knew someone who knows somebody who just wanted the car gone. So I went out hooked up the chains and drug it home.

Put in a battery and it fired right off! Ran so good I picked up an alternator and set of tires and have been driving it like crazy. Sure it looks sad. Especially with only 135k on it but it still gets over 40mpgs with ease. 5sp manual no air and no power steering.

fix her up! looks like it just needs a fender and 2 head lights. Im sure someone on here has those parts!

Comment

Always good to see one get a new chance at life!

Nice find.
      White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
      White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
      1988 LX 5-speed
      ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

That roof also needs to be carefully pushed out again so that water doesn't pool there. Lots af great work to do. It will keep you busy and away from all the garbage on the boob tube.

Comment

looks like a good entry for best beater...I love it, nice score
          Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
          Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
          Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
          WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

I have a drivers side headlight and both corner lights!
            -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
            Random Festiva Parts
            Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Oh yeah plenty of stuff to fix on this one. Only main problem I have here is that between all dozen scrap yards NONE have any festys.

Comment

Fixer uppers are my favorite kind! It's awesome when someone gives these cars a second lease on life! :thumbup:

You should have seen mine when I first rescued it.

I have a set of headlights that have had the reflective surface resprayed. They've also been sandblasted and repainted. They look brand new but they aren't the brightest since the respray wasn't a mirror finish like factory. You're welcome to them for the price of shipping if you'd like them. I can post pics if interested.
                If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                Zulu Ministries

Comment

blind, look harder. I just found a complete 1993 less than a week ago in a junkyard.
                  Last edited by bravekozak; 09-23-2013, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
                    fix her up! looks like it just needs a fender and 2 head lights. Im sure someone on here has those parts!
                    and a front bumper and rear quarter dents knocked out

Comment

Look what followed me home - and it looks like someone forgot to feed the squirrels. I'm pretty sure it has a blown head gasket. It has 235k on it. This will be #4. I should have never sold #3. But here we go again!!!!20130922_123955.jpg20130922_135843.jpg20130922_143242.jpg
                      Let me know what you think - can't wait to start modding this thing out!!!
                      I don't care who is in the office - they had better stop borrowing money my kids' kids' kids won't ever have!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zanzer View Post
                        Fixer uppers are my favorite kind! It's awesome when someone gives these cars a second lease on life! :thumbup:

You should have seen mine when I first rescued it.

I have a set of headlights that have had the reflective surface resprayed. They've also been sandblasted and repainted. They look brand new but they aren't the brightest since the respray wasn't a mirror finish like factory. You're welcome to them for the price of shipping if you'd like them. I can post pics if interested.
                        Absolutely, pm sent. I'll be putting together a parts list but so far it looks like both fenders, headlights, header panel, maybe subframe, and passenger door.

Comment

Where are you located? Perhaps there's someone local who can give you a hand.

Comment

It's easy to change doors, hoods, hatches, bumpers and fenders. I changed them all on mine too! I hate bodywork. I don't mind bolts and screws. I always have them painted factory color to match the body, before I bolt them on.
                            Last edited by bravekozak; 09-23-2013, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by purg3d View Post
                              Where are you located? Perhaps there's someone local who can give you a hand.
                              Sioux city, IA about 1 hr north of Omaha, NE

Comment

Working...
                              X