Adding additional 12v power outlet to Aspire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding additional 12v power outlet to Aspire

Anyone out there add some additional ports to their aspire? Curious what locations work well & would look somewhat OEM or at least be discrete. Not real fond of the stock lighter location since things can get pretty close to the shifter depending on what kind of adapter you plug into it.

not an aspire but same concept

Comment

I did it in my festiva,

Man my old phones camera sucked.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
      The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

We all need to look in the back of a 2003/4 Audi at the junkyard.

Nice, flush and overpriced.
        Last edited by bravekozak; 09-23-2013, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Now that I like. Wonder if something like that would come close to fitting in where the dummy switches are next to the dimmer knob/rear defrost button?

Comment

I've done a couple, one in peaspire is located next to the emergency brake on the driver side, the one in babyspire is over between the glove box and the center console. Both are discreet and convienient to use, next to the glove box is probably the best place, it doesn't interfere with passenger feet space at all but it looks like it would.

Gotta agree with you about the stock lighter, they couldn't have put it in a worse location. One of these days I'd like to just get a usb bar because everything I have just needs a usb port and those adapters are all junk.
            2008 Kia Rio- new beater
            1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
            1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
            1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
            1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
            1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
            1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
            1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Working...
            X