adjustable shift linkage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adjustable shift linkage

i know there are a few people here who have used made their shift linkage and maybe even their stabilizer adjustable for their bp swaps. i have searched around and cant seem to find the ones that i ran across, all i remember is that there was threaded rod and bolts welded to it somehow and it remained adjustable. i cant remember how it locked into position or anything. can anyone direct me to finding the info? thanks
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Hey bobby type shift rods in the search.there is only one thread that comes up and about 5 post in it ahows it all good luck

Comment

hmmmmmm

A guy with 400 posts, telling a guy with 2,400 posts how to use the search function. :highly_amused: :highly_amused: :highly_amused:

Hey Bobby, I think you wanted this one

http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ght=shift+rods
      Last edited by drddan; 09-24-2013, 04:15 AM.
      Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
      Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
      Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
      Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
      http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Originally posted by 1chrisapple View Post
        Hey bobby type shift rods in the search.there is only one thread that comes up and about 5 post in it ahows it all good luck
        thanks chris i looked for like an hour but i was looking under "shift linkage"

Originally posted by drddan View Post
        hmmmmmm

A guy with 400 posts, telling a guy with 2,400 posts how to use the search function. :highly_amused: :highly_amused: :highly_amused:

ohsnap yea typing in the correct words always helps the search process lol

anyone know what dia threaded rod that is? i know there is a freaking mic on it but is that supposed to be 5/8" rod or what? thanks. i need to do this asap so i can bring my bp car to madness and not have an anurism from having to move that danged ol linkage one more freaking time lol
        -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
        -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Direct conversion would give you 4.7/8" from the pictured measurement. Or 9.44/16". I'd guess 5/8".

1mm = 0.039"
          1/8" = 0.125"

Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
          91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Originally posted by drddan View Post
            hmmmmmm

I wasn't telling him how to search I was on my cell phone at work and cant post links.the wording is everything take it easy don't get worked up dan

Comment

I think he was laughing at the irony, more than getting "worked up" over anything.

"Some have been blessed with the gift of sarcasm; but you must be careful if this is your blessing, not all have been blessed with the gift of interpretation."
              Last edited by sketchman; 09-24-2013, 11:13 AM.
              Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
              91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

haha yea at first I was like really from dan bc he's cool usually then I was like well maybe he meant it jokingly hahaha either way im cool

Comment

the ID of the shift rods is almost exactly 5/8". I just did some up last week (but I used 5/8" bar stock, non adjustable). The adjustable deal is cool, but I'd put some loctite on there for sure!
                  ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
                  91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
                  1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
                  2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Originally posted by skeeters_keeper View Post
                    The adjustable deal is cool, but I'd put some loctite on there for sure!
                    A good idea for sure!

Lets see ... 15.73 divided by 25.4 = .619 inch...so yes, that would be 5/8 inch as .625 is exactly 5/8 inch, and the threaded rod is usually a few thousands smaller on the O.D.

That is a very cool writeup on the shifter rods! Dont know why I didnt see it before!?
                    Last edited by drddan; 09-24-2013, 12:54 PM.
                    Dan

R.I.P.
                    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!

Comment

Thanks for the info guys.

I know Dan wasn't giving me a hard time

Comment

.... or was I! LOL
                        Dan

R.I.P.
                        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!

Comment

i will take your motor hostage :evil4:

ok for my next question.... where can you get brass shifter bushings?

Comment

I know u said brass but grey vw just posted about making some out of self oiled bronze or delrin
                            Last edited by 1chrisapple; 09-24-2013, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X