My 92 Aqua GL "Tootsie" is gone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 92 Aqua GL "Tootsie" is gone.

Said goodbye to Tootsie this evening after 6 faithful years.
    I drove her 83,000 miles after installing a new engine in her when I bought her for $375 back in 2007.
    Body had 256,307, but with lots of new parts she is still in beautiful condition (even after being totaled by insurance co.).

I will see her again soon though, I promised the new owner that I would fix the leak in the AC.
    AC still works great when charged but is leaking between the hose manifold and the compressor.
    I'm just going to get a new compressor instead of trying to fix that leak.

This is the second Festiva for the new owner. (She lives about 20 miles from me)
    She bought a new L in 1990 (her first car) but wrecked it when she had only two payments left.
    Once these things get in your blood, the urge to have one never goes away.

I told her about FF.com so she may show up on her soon.

Originally posted by 1990new View Post
    Said goodbye to Tootsie this evening after 6 faithful years.
    Bummer, Jesse.

I'm glad you got a good price for the old girl, but it still sucks to part with a Festiva.... :thumbs_down:
    88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
    88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
    91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
    93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

That leak can be fixed with new o rings, unless the manifold flange or compressor flange is damaged in some way. At any rate I'd try new o-rings first, before swapping compressors.
      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
        That leak can be fixed with new o rings, unless the manifold flange or compressor flange is damaged in some way. At any rate I'd try new o-rings first, before swapping compressors.
        Too late, I order the new compressor yesterday and it arrives next week. But I will take the old one apart and see if I can repair the leak later.
        I advertised the car as having working AC, so I don't wan't to take any chances on it failing on the new owner any time soon.

Originally posted by Twistiva View Post
        Bummer, Jesse.

I'm glad you got a good price for the old girl, but it still sucks to part with a Festiva.... :thumbs_down:
        One consolation is that she is going to an owner who will appreciate her.

Comment

Glad you finally sold her, Jess! A bonus that she will be appreciated! :smile:
          Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
          Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
          Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
          Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
          http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Originally posted by drddan View Post
            Glad you finally sold her, Jess! A bonus that she will be appreciated! :smile:
            Had to cut down on the insurance, taxes, maintenance expense, tags and driveway space. It was with mixed emotion that I let her go.
            I did remove the heavy duty trailer hitch from her, will put it on the 1990 Surf Blue "Bessie".

Hope your new Festiva is working out well.
            Last edited by 1990new; 09-29-2013, 09:16 PM.

Comment

you still have 2! ta ta tootsie goodbye
              Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Originally posted by kumalaba View Post
                you still have 2! ta ta tootsie goodbye
                Still have 3, Bessie, Nellie and Trixie. New owner liked the name Tootsie so she wont get confused.:cheers:

Got the new right side windshield trim (that you pointed out was missing) back on Bessie today.
                Last edited by 1990new; 09-29-2013, 10:18 PM.

Comment

:thumbs_up: nice fleet!
                  Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Working...
                  X