Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on the new Fiesta ST? Focus ST?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on the new Fiesta ST? Focus ST?

Well I was talking to a guy at work and he was telling me about the Fiesta ST, Well i was to excited about the new Fiesta and i think the mazda 2 looked nice then Fords design. Today we went to the Ford dealer and they had a red/orange ST, It had all the options except for the Recaro's I think it was 24,xxx. I really like the looks i wish the front end wasn't so bubbly but i think it can grow on me especially since its turbo!! The Fiesta is samll though! The festiva definitely seems to have a ton more room! Im not going to lie but the idea of selling all my festiva stuff and buying one did cross my mind for a minute. But i figure my festiva will be much faster when im done then what the ST could ever offer. Also i hate how complicated the newer cars are. Im not sure if it has drive by wire but i definitely hate that. I do like the 6 speed manual though! The rear seat the on Fiesta is useless especially for me due to im a bigger guy and no one will be able to sit in the back. I wish the dealer had the Focus St to look at, any thoughts on the Focus st? it has the bigger 2.0 motor and about 260 hp. I figure when the fiesta gets older you may be able to swap the 2.0 t motor once they have been on the road for a while. Anyone else check out the new Fiesta or Focus? I need to stay away from the dealer or i will have a big out sale thread soon!

Yes I have been doing a lot of thinking on that new fiesta st. Everything I've heard has been good. Hell even top gear uk sead it was one of the best hot hatch back that has been made.

Comment

I took a day off work to test drive these cars and couldn't find a fiesta st. So I drove a focus st and a regal GS. I ended up buying a 2011 speed3 be cause I like the way it drove more.
      -Donny
      -1992 Festiva GL
      B6D/E-series.
      -1991 GL
      BP/Broken E-Series. Working on G transmission.

-2011 Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Except you can't drive...lolol
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

I think the fiesta is ugly. I think the focus wagon is nearly perfect looking. I've heard great reviews on the focus st but I've never driven one.

I have heard reports of mid 40's on the focus (not st) with the 6 speed automatic.
          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

They don't make a focus wagon. And the powershift trans sucks.
            91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Mazdaspeed 3, I like the mechanical diff and lunacy.

Sent from the trash can.
              1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
              2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

This is what I'm calling a wagon.

In other parts of the world however they do sell a true focus wagon.

What sucks about the 6 speed auto? Certainly not the gas mileage.
                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Another vote for the Speed3 here. Go test drive one of those before making a final decision
                  If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                  Zulu Ministries

Comment

ST is a 5 door just like the Speed and thus, is a wagon. Even on insurance! Cheap!

Sent from the trash can.

Dave Forget

Comment

Def test drive both...im actually not keen on the front of the Focus...the rear I like!

Sent from the trash can.

Dave Forget

Comment

I don't know if I'd go for a Speed3 now that I've seen what the 3 is like once it racks up a few miles. And the Focus is on the same platform so I imagine they're about the same. I think I'll stick with my Matrix.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommychu View Post
                          I don't know if I'd go for a Speed3 now that I've seen what the 3 is like once it racks up a few miles. And the Focus is on the same platform so I imagine they're about the same. I think I'll stick with my Matrix.
                          Elaborate?
                          91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Well for one I've seen 3 examples of the car with enough rust to make an '80s 4Runner jealous (I realize that 3 isn't a big number considering the absolutely massive numbers these things sold in, but it's kind of striking considering the age). And Alberta is pretty average as far as salt goes. One had penetration in structurally critical areas- I could have removed the B pillar with my bare hands. That and to drive one with more than 200000 km just gives you that general "miled out" feeling, like driving a 95-2000 GM 2.2 J-body with similar mileage.
                            I'm sure they're not that bad and if taken care of would serve a typically long and trouble-free Japanese car's life but I'm not really a 'drive it off the lot' kinda guy so I'd be subjecting myself to the consequences of whatever abuse the PO dealt the car- and in the case of something cheap and fast like the Speed3 the chances of it having had a rough life are pretty high.

Comment

I have heard the first gen 3's tend to get rusty. Haven't seen any myself in particularly bad shape though.
                              91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Working...
                              X