X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need input on my Festivas cylinder head

Trying to see what other head would work with my Festiva

The only other one is Aspire.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Oh alright, was wondering if there are any other 4 cylinder cars where their head will work with a festiva.

Comment

may i ask why?
        i don't think you would gain anything.
        even if a b6 head would work.
        just see your wtb
        yeah aspire of festiva is really your only choice
        Last edited by william; 09-29-2013, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Alright thanks, and was just wondering because ima be going to the junk yard for a head

Comment

FYI... the Aspire head is a roller rocker head, a Festiva head is standard stamped steel rockers.

An Aspire head would be slightly better, and maybe a little less wear on it as it will be newer. Check mileage on whichever you pickup.
            Dont know for sure, might have to use th VC from the Aspire also. Heard it mentioned the Festy VC was not tall enuf for the rollers. Dont know this as fact though.
            Last edited by drddan; 09-29-2013, 11:06 PM.
            Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
            Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
            Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
            Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
            http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Thanks alot!!

Comment

There are very few if any generic engines with interchangeable heads. B3 is your preferred option. I'm told that B6 might just bolt on but location of chambers, valves and ports etc are likely slightly off. Don't risk it. If you find an Aspire engine make sure you grab everything but the manifolds. I'm preparing a 97 B3 at the moment and have already noticed that a Festy valve cover gasket (88-93) B3 is not compatible with an Aspire cover even though they look to be the same.

Comment

Working...
                X