New rims/tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New rims/tires

Hey everyone, i just purchased a set of rims and tires off of Bobby and i was wondering if the factory lug bolts are ok to use for these? Should i get the conversion kit? Im getting some road noise from the left front, not constant more like a tick every so often. I'm thinking it might be the brakes or some stones in the tires. Any thoughts?

Well, I can see from the attached pics and the incredably detail description/ID of the wheels and tires you purchased that your best bet is turn up your stereo and don't worry about it till a wheel comes off.

Just a hint, don't make people look up what you purchased.
    At least provide a link to said purchase so we know what your talking about.
    Or you might have asked Bobby what lugs/studs he used, if he ever had them mounted.
    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
    '92 Aqua parts Car
    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
    Your holy ghost will not save you.
    Your God plutonium will not save you.
    In fact...
    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Totally my bad, im still new to this whole forum post thing. Ill post some pictures here after bit and after i change the brakes ill update. Does anyone know where i can get a lug conversion kit? Its a 97 aspire.

Comment

I just got some off ebay, I got 20 so that's very nice if you tend to drop things and your driveway is inclined.

I dont know if it was my imagination but when i was taking apart the rio to get its struts it had lug bolts and they were longer than stock festivas. not that it matters, i suggest studs anyway

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-WHEEL-STUD-CONVERSION-12x1-5-TO-12x1-5-STUDS-ADAPTER-KIT-2-25-/310720998314?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &hash=item48586a2baa&vxp=mtr
        Last edited by getnpsi; 10-04-2013, 02:32 PM.
        1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Definitely get studs! I like the EMPI ones for old-skool VWs: http://www.jbugs.com/product/9516.ht...els-studs-nuts

You will need four sets to get all 16 (with spares), since they are five to a set. You want these 12mm ones, not the 14m they also sell.

This site also has package deals with the lug nuts too: http://www.jbugs.com/product/9533.ht...els-studs-nuts

You install them with a hex wrench or hex socket. I forget what size offhand. And use the high-strength red Loc-tite to keep 'em in.
          Last edited by TominMO; 10-06-2013, 08:01 PM.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
          X