big nose idler pulley and alternator pulley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big nose idler pulley and alternator pulley

Well 2 weekends I did my first b3 swap... and it was as easy as advertised ..... until I looked at the crank pulley, ribbed vs a v belt, so what I did was took the alternator pulley and idler pulley off of a b18a1 engine I had and aside from me having to grind the lip off of the alternator pulley it tapped on with a hammer, and works well! No mods were needed to fit the idler pulley. So in a pinch, if you are going from small to big nose crank,and didn't get the accessories like I did, with a little persuasion pulleys from an a1 ls integra WILL work!

Nice of you to document and report a swap like that.

Comment

Being honda im sure there are purty lightweight aftermarket ones available no one but the owner can see as theyd kiss the frame. But hey, 05oz savings on the alternator or water pump +10hp

Cool find sack that away if i need another pulley
      1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

As far as the documentation I apologize, as this was my first swap I panicked when my pulleys didn't match, and I switched into" I gotta figure this out mode" so no pics, sorry..but when I take it apart to tidy things up i'll do a write up of some sort.

Comment

Working...
        X