wiring question for wise guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring question for wise guys

So I found a old carbed GL festiva in the junk and it has a tach in the cluster where as my 93 is the base model without a tach. So i'm wondering if I rip the cluster out of the junker is it possible to install it in my newer festiva. Wondering if the wiring harness is the same and the tach wire is just unused in my car maby. Or is the harness lacking the tach connection in the base model festivas. thanks in advanced

I am not familiar with the 80s Festivas. But the 90s Festivas wiring harnesses were all the same, and did have a tach wire going to the cluster even when there was no tach cluster.

But clusters are all the same. I have a 80s Orange Tach cluster in my 91', plug and play. Just have slightly re route the speedo cable since the tach cluster speedo isn't centered like the non-tach clusters.
    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

You can use the cluster in your car, it will plug in fine but the speedometer cable will need pulled back toward the engine bay and re routed around a post in the back since the speedometer is to the right instead of in the middle of the cluster.
      2008 Kia Rio- new beater
      1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
      1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
      1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
      1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
      1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
      1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
      1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

The yellow/green wire for the tach runs from the negative post of the distributor to the the instrument cluster.

Comment

Working...
        X