Festiva For My Daughter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva For My Daughter

I saw this last week as I was cruising CL.
    Ford Festiva 93 For Sale $1500

Please tell me what ya think. I'm feeling that sub $1000 is appropriate for this car but it looks like a solid body. Anyways, around 11:00am central we are going for a peak.
    If the only tool you have is a hammer, then every job looks like a nail.

So jealous of your southerners with your rust free cars.

Only thing I think is a bit shady is those back seats. XD
    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

What!? No comment about custom bull guard. Lol, yeah the back seats look a little odd.

Comment

Don't pay for his idea of customizing. Not worth $1500--unless you think it is!
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Looks like they buried and broke the speedometer
          -Zack
          Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

I had a chance to look at the car yesterday. It has many of the failings you would expect for a 20 year old...shocks and struts, door handles, scratched interior, worn carpets...
            Not a bad project car, the B3 has been rebuilt with "flattened pistons" and actually is kind of quick. The AC blows cold and the body is really quite tolerable. But, I don't need another project. I did not try to negotiate from his price.
            It's still available in Houston and he is motivated to sell.
            Last edited by Coldhand; 10-08-2013, 07:07 AM.

Comment

$1500 for an 'as is' vehicle is a bit rich. Something major could be wrong or it could need hundreds of dollars in parts plus many hours of labour. I personally am always leery of re-painted cars, especially ones with dented and scuffed and cracked bumpers; who knows how much bondo has been sculpted onto the rest of the car.
              For $1500 the choices for dependable vehicles ought to be pretty good. Lots of lo-mile original paint Toyota Tercels/Echos and Corollas around here for that kind of money and they've been dealer serviced and driven by little old ladies (seniors and/or women). And they're generally 5-10 years newer.

Comment

So...how weird did the seats in the back look?
                -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                Random Festiva Parts
                Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

The back seats were quite dodgy. High back leather seats that were all cracked and faded. They were bolted in tight, but it would be early on the to do list to throw those uglies out. I drive it around and looked at the engine. The body was solid, my magnet did not discover any Bondo. No rust under the worn carpet in the back. If I did not already have a current project I would have given him a $500-700 offer. Not a car for a beginner.

Comment

Working...
                  X