Thanks Charlie1717 for my new to me XR2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Charlie1717 for my new to me XR2

Thanks Charlie. Good to see ya again. Been a few years.

I will post up some pics after I get the trunk opened to see my stash of money inside. Or maybe even a trunk full of sellable drugs. LOL

Anyway it barely made it up my driveway (actually took 2 tries with the 2nd attempt having had to pull sideways into yard to divide the hill into 2) and was smoking terribly after the 1 minute drive. BUT ALL is OK. It isn't blown up and the tranny is still good. That was my goal "for it to be safely tucked inside my garage".

Now the teardown begins and the fun continues.

Thanks again buddy. Also for the new T-shirt too. It was a lifesaver.
    -Bryant

Glad you got it Gomez. What are your plans for it?
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Congrats! Also wondering what your plans are!

Might we see you over at the new www.teamcapri.com forum?
      1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
      High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
      Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

Yes, I will be doing a few things on TC forum. Mostly questions and [FS] stuff. But to also to learn the wise ways of THE ROCKETMAN. LOL

My plans are a COMPLETE engine build and swap. I know how Capri guys feel about them being used as donors but I guess that's just how it goes. I hate the idea of stripping a good car as well as I've never totally done that before but I gotta do what I gotta do. That's why I looked for the perfect car: one that needed lots of work to get going again anyway.

Everything from windage-tray up through to the valve cover and from the intake to the front mount will be modified upgraded or whatnot. I would like to be well well over done in the horsepower dept. Will be asking you about MS or your stuff, which is better and why or why not.

The tranny will be taken apart, inspected, and strengthened as necessary.

The wiring harness will be modified and stripped of ALL unnecessary wiring.

The process of finding a rust free dent free Festiva body will now go into full effect. My current Festiva will be a donor to the new Festiva body as it already has brakes and suspension and ALL the other goodies on it.

Powder coating of everything that will fit into the oven and paint of everything else will be done as well. Thinking of keeping the stock paint on the outside as to keep the sleeper look going, but everything inside and underneath will be new looking or better.

This one will be above and beyond the black and silver one I did a few years back. I have ditched my new-build dune buggy project to completely focus on this bada$$ Festiva build.
        -Bryant

Comment

Likee!!
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Glad you got it home safe! I look forward to seeing what you do with it. I'm glad I was able to sell it to a good home!

I can't wait for your build thread!
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
            The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Working...
            X