Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

another festy saved !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another festy saved !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

James (toslotrk) and his friend mike came down and checked flamer out today and adopted him. Mike who is not a member yet was looking for a generally rust free tiva and flamer was that guy. He is doing a b6 swap so the motor didnt matter. Ill post pics later. Im just glad he went to a good home he was on the way to scrap when i intercepted him and now hes on his way to a swap! Big change pics to come
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Awesome! Way to go Bobby! :thumbup:

It's great feeling when you snatch one from the jaws of the crusher
    Last edited by Zanzer; 10-12-2013, 04:18 PM.
    If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
    Zulu Ministries

Comment

Nice job Bobby!

Keep 'em alive; revive them; resurrect them; bring them back, and when you can't:
      Strip every part off, cut out the unrusted patch parts and only then let 'em go.

Karl
      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

nice job bobby!
        2008 Kia Rio- new beater
        1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
        1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
        1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
        1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
        1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
        1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
        1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Yeah! That's great to hear!!banana time
          1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
          1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
          1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
          2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
          2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
          2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
          1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

pics as promised. here is flamer loaded up and ready to go. the guys here are james and mike the new owner. just glad he got to go somewhere beside the scrapper. it really worked out, i picked up a surf blue one before madness and sold flamer after. it just really worked out for everyone

IMG_20131012_111022.jpg
            IMG_20131012_111038.jpg
            IMG_20131012_111828.jpg
            IMG_20131012_110927.jpg
            -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
            -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Great save.... We need a thread to post the Vin number of saved Festies and the member responsible for the save
              Maybe a stickie under "News and Support" .

Competition for the most saves anyone!!!

Comment

i got 3 under my belt now and 1 aspire and all have been or are being made runners and not parts cars (except the aspire).
                Last edited by bobbyspider; 10-13-2013, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyspider View Post
                  i got 3 under my belt now and 1 aspire and all have been or are being made runners and not parts cars (except the aspire).
                  Do you have the vin numbers? You could get a thread started and if it catches on, we can petition to make it a stickie.

Comment

i can most def get them. this could turn into big fun and could possibly motivate folks in the community to pitch in and save more !!

Comment

Great.... I sold the only one that I can truly call a save a few weeks back for $2500. Had 256K on it when I sold it. Bought it for $375 from the junk yard in 2006.
                      I have the vin number for it so I guess I can add it.
                      So what will the rules be in for entry into this hall of fame? Already in, or on it way to the junk yard?

I guess since you just started this thread... it could be the one to use for this. you have a great Thread title already.

1992 Aqua GL Vin KNJPT06H2N6118765 Currently Titled in SC
                      Last edited by 1990new; 10-13-2013, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X