Tail light gasket Template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tail light gasket Template

Anyone who picked up one of the tail light gasket templates at Madness.... Please just trash it.

I found the gasket that I though was for the tail light in my parts stash and created templates of
    it.. but it turns out it's not for the Festiva tail light. At this point I'm not sure what it's for.
    When I find out I'll post it. I now have a good tail light template, so for anyone who picked one up
    at madness and want's a good one, pm your address and I will mail you one.

I was wondering about that.
    -Donny
    -1992 Festiva GL
    B6D/E-series.
    -1991 GL
    BP/Broken E-Series. Working on G transmission.

-2011 Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Early onset Alzheimer's? Thanks though for being honest and alerting us.

Comment

I honestly find just drilling a hole in the bottom to let out the water that pools up is just as good a solution. lol

At least that is what I did with my front parking light that accumulated water.
        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Originally posted by 1990new View Post
          Anyone who picked up one of the tail light gasket templates at Madness.... Please just trash it.

I found the gasket that I though was for the tail light in my parts stash and created templates of
          it.. but it turns out it's not for the Festiva tail light. At this point I'm not sure what it's for.
          When I find out I'll post it. I now have a good tail light template, so for anyone who picked one up
          at madness and want's a good one, pm your address and I will mail you one.
          Hey man, I'm still working on getting pricing together and I'll start a new thread for purchasing these gaskets. I created a template with some cardboard, had a friend draw it on cad and we cut it out it out of some of the gasket material that we stock in at my work. I work for a Fluid Sealing company so we fabricate a lot of gaskets. So once I have some pricing I'll let everyone know.

Thanks,
          Z

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
            Early onset Alzheimer's? Thanks though for being honest and alerting us.
            What do you call early Bert? I turn 69 in two months. No history in my family, so hopefully I have missed getting the gene for that, but just in
            case I do, and since I won't need it any longer, I've already donated my brain for research.

Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
            I honestly find just drilling a hole in the bottom to let out the water that pools up is just as good a solution. lol

At least that is what I did with my front parking light that accumulated water.
            Might get it out of the light but the wasted gasket also lets water get into the car and collect in the wheel well which causes a smelly moldy mess.

Originally posted by Zcallicutt7 View Post
            Hey man, I'm still working on getting pricing together and I'll start a new thread for purchasing these gaskets. I created a template with some cardboard, had a friend draw it on cad and we cut it out it out of some of the gasket material that we stock in at my work. I work for a Fluid Sealing company so we fabricate a lot of gaskets. So once I have some pricing I'll let everyone know.

Thanks,
            Z
            If you can get it done and can manage to sell them for a reasonable price great.., but you realize your market for them is very limited.
            Not sure what price you have in mind but the most I could see myself spending for one is about $5.

Sorry....should have multi-quoted here (maybe I am losing it.)

Comment

Originally posted by 1990new
              Might get it out of the light but the wasted gasket also lets water get into the car and collect in the wheel well which causes a smelly moldy mess.
              Good point, I didn't think of that.
              1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
              2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
              1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

[QUOTE=1990new;623341]If you can get it done and can manage to sell them for a reasonable price great.., but you realize your market for them is very limited.
                Not sure what price you have in mind but the most I could see myself spending for one is about $5.

Not looking to make a business out of tail light gaskets for festivas. Just looking to help some people out who need them. I make some for myself earlier this year as well as a set for a buddy of mine.

Comment

[QUOTE=Zcallicutt7;623344]
                  Originally posted by 1990new
                  If you can get it done and can manage to sell them for a reasonable price great.., but you realize your market for them is very limited.

Not looking to make a business out of tail light gaskets for festivas. Just looking to help some people out who need them. I make some for myself earlier this year as well as a set for a buddy of mine.
                  Mighty nice of you... I'm sure there will be many members needing them as time goes by.
                  Last edited by 1990new; 10-15-2013, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X