I need some advice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some advice!

I bought a 91 auto LX but the frame was a lemon. I have an uncle that is a mechanic if I bought this http://qc.kijiji.ca/c-autos-et-vehic...AdIdZ531831525 car and dropped in the motor I have that only has 75000km how easy would that be to do? I really want to keep owning a festiva but I don't think my frame will last another winter. Let me know if you guys know how expensive it would be to do at a shop or how easy it is to do at home.

Thanks guys!

I'd just buy that GL and drive it, keep the 91 for parts car.
    1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
    1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
    1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
    1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
    2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
    2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
    2005 Accord - wife's DD
    2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
    2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

That would be super easy since it's a direct swap between the 2 cars. Luckily both cars are autos so you don't have to worry about wiring, pedals, etc.

I'd just buy the red Sport and drive it and keep the 91 as a parts car

Edit: Larry beat me to it LOL :mrgreen:
      Last edited by Zanzer; 10-16-2013, 01:56 PM.
      If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
      Zulu Ministries

Comment

In the ad says it has some mechanical issues though which worries me. I just really want a clean body so I can get my perfect condition non leaking engine into. I asked the guy if the car would drive my 7 hour trip so I guess we will know more when he responds.

Comment

It may be easier to fix a few mechanical issues than it would be to swap a drivetrain. Could be something as simple as a leaky valve cover, a couple of tie rod ends, etc...the normal Festiva stuff.
          If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
          Zulu Ministries

Comment

Hmmm I hope there are only small issues that car looks awesome! Does the paint look original I'm just surprised there isn't more rust it being from quebec.

Comment

Working...
            X