Amsoil PI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amsoil PI

These are my results, yours may vary. I'm not one for snake oil and additives, but last week I went to get some 2 stroke oil for my dirt bike from my Amsoil guy and while I was waiting for his computer to boot up, I was browsing his inventory. I saw Amsoil PI(Performance Improver). Asked a few questions and decided to give it a try in the Festiva. I poured in the whole bottle to a tank of fuel. I ran one and a half tanks since then, but was pulling my trailer with my dirtbike, so didn't check MPG. My Festiva has 260,000 miles. I got it with 217K miles and have no idea how it was maintained. It did smoke pretty good when engine braking, especially going down long hills. Well, it freakin' runs great now. It definitely has more power and it barely smokes if any when engine braking. There is a hill on the way home from work that I usually have to downshift to 4th to maintain 60mph. Now I can keep it in 5th and don't even have to keep it to the floor. I haven't checked the MPG yet, but don't care as long as it stays the same since I always get 40 MPG. I've tried Seafoam both in the gas and through the vacuum line and didn't notice anything. Also tried Lucas fuel treatment with no noticeable results. http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-produc...ont%2fapi.aspx
    Last edited by Eaglefreek; 10-18-2013, 01:18 PM.
    Rick
    1993 Ford Festiva
    1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
    1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
    2000 Ford E350

I got a hold of some bad 89 octane gas and even topping off with 91 didn't make it go away. I added the same stuff and went back to 89, 87 alternating a week later no pinging. It's all 3 reasons working at once, dilution of the junk, the additive, and burning the bad batch completely but i think another 5 gallons of chevron 91 wouldn't have helped as quickly.

Not to veer out of amsoil but autozone didn't have a disty cap for my car. I only replaced rotor, and it made a remarkable difference. Check your rotor. I'd be willing to say they should be replaced 2x as much as caps and wires
    1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Well, I've put about 600 miles on it since putting the PI in. It still runs great. I did check mileage and it was 38.75 which is bad for me. I always get 39.5-40.5 but the fill up prior, I was in a hurry to get to work and didn't fill it all the way like I usually do, so that fill up is moot to me. I pulled my dirtbike again this weekend with the Festiva and it definitely had more power on the hills. Typically I rarely get out of 4th gear when pulling the trailer. I was able to get into fifth and have enough power. I checked my mileage pulling the trailer and it was 31 MPG. I usually get 26 pulling the trailer. Can't wait to see what the next fill up is.
      Rick
      1993 Ford Festiva
      1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
      1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
      2000 Ford E350

Comment

Working...
      X