We're coming to St. Louis.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're coming to St. Louis.

My wife an I are planning a trip to St. Louis this weekend. We've never been before and were looking for ideas on a few great places to eat and fun thing to do that you might not find in the mainstream ad's. Off the beaten path type stuff usually don't have websites. We heard about the "loop" restaurant strip. We were bummed to find the Burger Bar has closed. That was one we wanted to try. We just bought a Honda Element for trips, but we may be driving the '90 L plus. I find I have withdraw when driving the E. I'm afraid on a long trip it may be to much for me to deal with. Especially if I see other Festys.:car:
    '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
    '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
    '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
    '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
    '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
    '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
    '66 International Harvester pickup

shoot drdan a pm he lives there.u could go in the arch but u prolly already know about that

Comment

Look up the City Museum. It's like a playground for adults! Fitz's on the Loop...the they make the rootbeer. Good food too. You could visit the Big Foot headquarters if you are into monster trucks. I don't know if it's something you can go in or anything, but they do have the original Big Foot out front. You could always take the Budweiser Tour if you are into Beers. Or Schlafly.
      -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
      Random Festiva Parts
      Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

TominMO, he will be a good one to ask
        -Greg
        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
        Redneck Engineer
        FOTY - '09
        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Mini-meet! I know a great pizza place near the Loop, in University City. Easy to get to. What day are you looking to get together?
          Last edited by TominMO; 10-22-2013, 01:16 PM.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
            Mini-meet! I know a great pizza place near the Loop, in University City. Easy to get to. What day are you looking to get together?
            Yeah! Let us know what days you will be here. City Museum, as Rafe suggested, is a great place!!!! Lots-o- fun! Needs to be experienced at least once. Its a giant playground for kids and adults. A bunch of slides, crawl spaces and stuff to see, and ALL made out of leftover, recylced parts of old buildings and business's. Its a very different experience. Must see!!!!
            We have a killer zoo, too.
            Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
            Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
            Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
            Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
            http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Originally posted by drddan View Post
              We have a killer zoo, too.
              And it's free right?
              -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
              Random Festiva Parts

Comment

Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
                And it's free right?
                Zoo is free; pizza is not. C'mon down Rafe, AKA future Festy owner.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Well technically it would be up!

If I'm not in Rolla this weekend I'll be in Kansas City.
                  -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                  Random Festiva Parts

Comment

BTW all, bear in mind that this weekend are Games 3 and 4 of the World Series, and they will be played in St. Louis. Just mentioning it in case it affects your travel plans, or where you go while here.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                      BTW all, bear in mind that this weekend are Games 3 and 4 of the World Series, and they will be played in St. Louis. Just mentioning it in case it affects your travel plans, or where you go while here.
                      Very good to know! We were going to wing the hotel but definitely will plan ahead. I believe were heading down Saturday. Should be there through Tues or Weds. Her Birthday is Monday. She has never been to a spa before and was thinking of going. I thought why not on Vaca. True Rest & Relaxation. The museum sound like a cool thing. Thats now on our list. Thanks! We're up for a Mini meet up any day really. Sounds like fun.
                      Last edited by David88; 10-22-2013, 08:30 PM.
                      '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
                      '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.

Comment

The museum is fun, but it was something like 14+ dollars a person that last time I went. If you want up on the roof it costs even more. That's the only bummer.
                        -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                        Random Festiva Parts

Comment

How about a mini-meet on Saturday 4pm @ a very good pizza place called Dewey's? Just west of the Loop, in University City: http://www.deweyspizza.com/venues/u-city

Rafe, you coming? If so, bring that DS Festy electric mirror; I'll buy it, if you come. It'll pay for gas and pizza! Edit: does it come with the dash switch?
                          Last edited by TominMO; 10-25-2013, 01:42 PM.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

My wife say were heading down Sunday now. She has a birthday party for a niece here in town.
                            '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
                            '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.

Comment

Originally posted by David88 View Post
                              My wife say were heading down Sunday now. She has a birthday party for a niece here in town.
                              OK, keep us posted if you want to get together, Festy-wise.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Working...
                              X