New and have lots of questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New and have lots of questions!

Hi everybody! I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get the "Festiva GL" plate thing that goes on the back of the car from? Also how do i make my engine faster for going up hills and not getting smoked by VW's all the time? I've looked at alot of swaps and I want to know which is the most economical like the best engine for a budget. This is my first car (1991 GL) and I love it! 5 speed is so much fun!

You'll have to keep looking for that GL emblem.

The easiest cheapest swap is a sohc b6 (1.6L)
    -Greg
    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
    Redneck Engineer
    FOTY - '09
    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Rear turbo maybe? ; p
      1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
      1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
      1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
      1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
      2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
      2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
      2005 Accord - wife's DD
      2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
      2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

First gen B6 swap is the easiest, Second gen is a little harder, but not much. They are a tad newer though, and can be found with pretty low mileage for a good price if you are patient.
        Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
        Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
        "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

B6 it and you won't have to worry about people passing you lol... There's a bunch of jacked up smokers around here that thought they were fast when they blew the doors off my poor little aspire. They don't mess with Fiona anymore it's funny when I stay at 55 till they build up speed and they go to pass, about the time they get to the rear bumper I drop it in third and they don't make it past the front bumper lol.. Then cruise at 45 daring them to try it again.

I was talking to my brother in law the other day and I guess one of his farm boy buddies has a really low opinion of that stupid little green car with messed up wheels haha..
          2008 Kia Rio- new beater
          1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
          1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
          1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
          1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
          1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
          1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
          1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post

I was talking to my brother in law the other day and I guess one of his farm boy buddies has a really low opinion of that stupid little green car with messed up wheels haha..
            LOL!

Yeah, the B6 swap was not an intention to be fast for me, but to get a little more power for towing, plus I found a real low mileage one. Still, it is SO much fun to light up these local Hondas who think adding a wing makes their car a race car

I went for a ride with a customer tonight and when I wound out second gear, he was all "wow, that is quick!"

I had to laugh, I want a faster car!

Comment

Lust for more 'get up and go' is quite understandable but you do have to appreciate that the brakes and suspension on these cars is equally meagre. So do not swap engines without similarly making plans for bigger and better brakes. There is acres of advice on here on how to proceed with all that.
              As other folks are saying early EFI B6s will get you another cheap and reliable 20 horsepower (ie 1/3 more!) and bolt in to resemble OEM. Almost anything else requires shifting batteries and airboxes around.

Comment

Thank you everyone for all the answers! but how in the h*ll does a rear turbo work?! Haha i mean I have seen pictures of Festivas with them but it blows my mind (never seen that before till I got into festivas), anyways I plan on buying a b6 engine and reworking it all winter, than when spring comes around i plan on doing the aspire brake swap to get ready for the power and by summer I would like to drop the engine in.

Comment

^^Not to hi-jack, but I kinda wonder how rear turbos work, too.. just rip off the muffler, stick a turbo there, and run oil lines?

....how would that work with a Weber'd B3? New air inlet box made to fit Weber with turbo exhaust attached? Yeah, sorry for hi-jack. >_< Might make a thread on this tomorrow.. carbed Festy w/Weber and turbo... mm..

-Joe
                  White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
                  White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
                  1988 LX 5-speed
                  ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

Originally posted by ColdFlame53 View Post
                    Thank you everyone for all the answers! but how in the h*ll does a rear turbo work?! Haha i mean I have seen pictures of Festivas with them but it blows my mind (never seen that before till I got into festivas), anyways I plan on buying a b6 engine and reworking it all winter, than when spring comes around i plan on doing the aspire brake swap to get ready for the power and by summer I would like to drop the engine in.
                    I just this past weekend delivered one to SkeetersKeeper, who did his first B6 swap when he was about 15-16 years old. It was a second Gen B6, with 11,000 miles out of a Mazda 323. $250 . Just needs to be resealed, no need to rebuild, and like brand new. They are out there.

Comment

I'll be sure to keep looking! (:

Comment

all i can say to add to this is: The amount of pain you want to inflict on said "victim/s" is only relative to amount of output you are willing to invest..

If i can offer a slightly convoluted solution to you predicament, look up the KLZE/KLDE swap by DAMKID.. ultimate in VMD on the table currently PERIOD or perhaps a BUZA-FIED selection of CARnage (see what i did there?) is more your flavour..

these two fine examples are probably a bit over the top, but at least you know where your enemy will stand.. and will remain until such time they leave the road, heading for their mother's house for a lie down and a nice cuppa tea... and then you can pull a LENO.. here

Geez, i'm mean.. sorry.. where did that come from.. GARY, don't encourage them too much.
                        Last edited by jawbraeka; 10-30-2013, 08:12 AM.
                        Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
                        Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
                        Highway - 7.32L/100km
                        City - yet to be determined.

Comment

Working...
                        X