Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found a Festiva, how much would it be worth or is it worth my time at all?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a Festiva, how much would it be worth or is it worth my time at all?

Went to look at a Festy tonight that a long-time business acquaintance has. I only got to spend a few minutes looking at it since he was about to close up shop, but here's what I noticed.

1991 GL "Sport"??? sunfaded red w/ 198,xxx miles & auto. Has dented DS fender that hits door & rusted PS fender. Hail damage on roof & hood. surface rust spot by hatch window. No noticeable rust thru around rear wheel wells although I didn't have time to lay down & inspect underbody. Pin-stripe interior is rough-ish, especially driver seat. has upper spoiler & 3 mag wheels.

Unknown drivetrain condition since he bought car to do homebrew electric conversion. Been sitting currently unknown amount of time. Also he hasn't decided on what he wants for price.

What do you folk think with what I currently know. He said I can come by & spend more time on it anytime I want. Figure fluid inspection & check to see if it's free then plug removal & compression test if all else looks good.

5-800 sounds like good price to me almost a cheap price.the spoiler is worth 125.interior is quick seller to and plus its a sport I say get it

Comment

$300. Just tell him Ford parts have been discontinued for Festivas as of September 2004. I am sure he knows that too. Why do you think he's selling it?

Last edited by bravekozak; 10-28-2013, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Unknown condition shoddy body that's a 3-400$ deal tops, even if you do get it running.

Because if you do get it running that's only a fraction of the battle with a car that's sat for a year or more. Your gonna have a ton of little things pop up over the first 6 months of driving.

First thing you need to do is check the underbody for rust, if you see bubbles I wouldn't give more than 150 for it in that condition because you'll be hard pressed to make it worth your time parting and scrapping. ask Bert how hard it is to sell Parts!
        2008 Kia Rio- new beater
        1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
        1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
        1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
        1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
        1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
        1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
        1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Ok, that seems to be inline with the couple hundred I was thinking. As much as I'd like the sport as a toy car, It would hard to make it worthwhile when running cars can be had for $900-1200 range even if they're not as fancy.

Comment

*cough* 6 *cough*
            2008 Kia Rio- new beater
            1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
            1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
            1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
            1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
            1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
            1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
            1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Working...
            X