GT-X inst. cluster pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT-X inst. cluster pic

here's the 7500 RPM redlined tach in a GTX. you might also be able to make out the "heat" idiot light which I think is a substitute for the check engine light in our festivas and also the fuel (low fuel?) light.

Here's my German-market 180KM/hr cluster by comparison.
    1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

An actual low-fuel warning light! I wonder if that unit is plug&play with any Festy to get that feature. I bet it is.

Shortly after buying my first Festy, I discovered the hard way that it didn't have that light.....
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Would love to see the back of one to chase where the ribbons go. There is one for sale on ebay from poland right now.

correction, i was looking for 323 stuff

Last edited by getnpsi; 11-01-2013, 05:02 PM.
        1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

I have decided not to attempt the digital cluster install. If anyone is braver than bravekozak, and wants to attempt it, then PM me.
          Last edited by bravekozak; 11-01-2013, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
            Would love to see the back of one to chase where the ribbons go. There is one for sale on ebay from poland right now.

correction, i was looking for 323 stuff

Hmm looks familiar

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

i believe there is a mistake here: all GT-X clusters are based off the 323 cluster shape (like the 2 pictured above) or the Digital units of the same shape. the unit in the first post should be from the Festiva GTA (JDM market ONLY) DOHC 1.3L.
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Arty you're wrong buddy, the pic I posted is of a 323 GTX cluster that's in my festiva

The first pic is of a festiva GTX cluster

The 323 GTX cluster is thick at the bottom where as festiva clusters are thick at the top.... Basically the contours are opposite making the 323 clusters a ton more work to install, not to mention wiring work etc

Im gunna assume the festiva GTX cluster is like any 180kph/110mph tach clusters that were overseas, they had different circuit boards with different wiring plugs, so they're not plug and plug with north American festiva's, however US tach cluster circuit boards are a direct swap onto the overseas clusters making them plug and play, but also makes the low fuel light and door open light useless
                Last edited by Damkid; 11-01-2013, 10:30 PM.

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

So in other words, 60 dollars is a solid buy for the one I linked to. I corrected my mistake. Festiva GTX stuff is darn interesting the more i learn and read about them, but to own tangible upgrades continues to do it for me

Damkid, did you take the time to wire everything? Does the fuel light come on w/your 323 dash when the resistance is at a certain point on its own with the needle or it's a separate module? I experienced this in my neon when i changed my fuel pump. I thought everything was exactly the same, my gauge works but my low level light doesn't light anymore.

Might as well jack this thread more. A member on here used a 626 orange cluster too and id like to learn about that surgery as well anyone know?
                  Last edited by getnpsi; 11-01-2013, 10:59 PM.
                  1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

I didn't actually do the install of the cluster, a previous owner did, basically he re-pinned the 323 cluster connectors with the festiva wires so it looks factory, but I'm assuming the 323 ECU or fuel sending unit triggers the low fuel light because it doesn't work... It'll light up when the engine is off and key on though.... Otherwise the cluster works like factory, I even kept the tach working properly when swapping in the V6 by getting a tach adapter lol

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                      I have decided not to attempt the digital cluster install. If anyone is braver than bravekozak, and wants to attempt it, then PM me.
                      Does that physically fit in the Festiva dash or is it too wide like the other digi clusters I've seen?

Also assuming it's not a mechanical speedo so an electronic sending unit like found in a Kia rio would be needed?
                      Last edited by zoom zoom; 11-02-2013, 04:44 AM.
                      2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                      1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                      1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                      1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                      1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                      1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                      1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                      1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

I wanna see a old rx7 cluster stuck into a festiva or bf car. those are plentiful and match interior as well. no one has documented how to make the rotary signal go back to 90 degree firing
                        1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
                          Does that physically fit in the Festiva dash or is it too wide like the other digi clusters I've seen?

Also assuming it's not a mechanical speedo so an electronic sending unit like found in a Kia rio would be needed?
                          stefan installed one. Do a search for "digital cluster". You assumed wrong this time. It's a mechanical speedo. You are correct. It's a little too wide to fit without modification. But it sure looks nice when lit up.

Do you think a Korean Laptor is too corny?
                          Last edited by bravekozak; 11-02-2013, 06:19 AM.

Comment

IIRC the 323 clusters are a friction-fit; you have to remove the mounting ears on each side, then slide the cluster in.
                            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                              Arty you're wrong buddy, the pic I posted is of a 323 GTX cluster that's in my festiva

The first pic is of a festiva GTX cluster

The 323 GTX cluster is thick at the bottom where as festiva clusters are thick at the top.... Basically the contours are opposite making the 323 clusters a ton more work to install, not to mention wiring work etc

Im gunna assume the festiva GTX cluster is like any 180kph/110mph tach clusters that were overseas, they had different circuit boards with different wiring plugs, so they're not plug and plug with north American festiva's, however US tach cluster circuit boards are a direct swap onto the overseas clusters making them plug and play, but also makes the low fuel light and door open light useless
                              ok, totaly brain farted about the Festiva GTX. But i can't seem to hunt down a cluster pic of a GTX, and that also bring up the point: what does a GTA cluster look like?
                              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
                              X