Bought a Festy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a Festy

Yesterday John was moving from St Louis to Cleveland, so I jumped in the car with him so he could drop me off to pick up a Festy I had bought. The guy selling it said he had done something to give it a little more pep (which I surmised to be a cone filter or something), so I bought it sight unseen. He did provide some pics and a history of the car.

So driving it home, I had the opportunity to roughly check the gas mileage. It looks to be about in the low 40s, driving at 65-70 MPH almost all the way on that tank of gas. Kinda disappointing. But I have to admit it did seem to have a little more power than stock, so I guess that's the tradeoff.

This morning I went out and lifted the hood to see what he had done. Let me see if I can upload this pic.....

.....hang on......
    Last edited by TominMO; 11-03-2013, 10:46 AM.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Ah, here it is:

Yup, there's that cone filter!
    Last edited by TominMO; 11-03-2013, 10:30 AM.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

In fact it is very kwik! Feels like it is pulling stronger than my B6 rear-turbo Festy, which dynoed at 111 wheel HP. No tach on it, but it really winds out. Feels more like a motorcycle motor.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

That is awesome glad it went to a good home.
        Did you get the parts cars with it?

Comment

Awesome deal !!
          New build on the way .

Comment

Here's another pic:

In fact it is a typical Ohio rusty car. But it does have some good features, so I am debating whether to keep it as is (with improvements along the way), or take all the good stuff off and junk it.
            Good things:
            brakes completely redone
            welded-on Class 1 trailer hitch
            new (cheap Chinese) tires on nice 13" Metro wheels
            tinted glass

The bad:
            badly cracked windshield
            needs struts and probably springs (I have to ask Matt if they were cut)
            pretty rusty (but TLC will help that out)
            parking brake cable broken (rust)
            needs radio, speakers
            basic L interior (more TLC)

So struts, windshield, and TLC can get expensive! I'm 50/50 on my decision. Might do the struts and just drive it on my blue Festy's plates. Definitely a rat car! But the more amusing when shutting down cars costing 30X as much! :highly_amused:
            Last edited by TominMO; 11-03-2013, 10:48 AM.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Originally posted by william View Post
              That is awesome glad it went to a good home.
              Did you get the parts cars with it?
              No on the parts cars. Matt did include a nice red hatch from one of them, to replace the very rusty white one on there now. He also gave me a large tote of useful parts--rad, alt, springs, etc.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Cool!
                -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                Random Festiva Parts
                Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Congrats Tom, I look forward to seeing it at Herman.
                  An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Did you pay dick meyers price or did reality set in?

Comment

Pictures are kinda old
                      New build on the way .

Comment

Originally posted by sc72 View Post
                        Congrats Tom, I look forward to seeing it at Herman.
                        And you will sir!

Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
                        Did you pay dick meyers price or did reality set in?
                        Price reflected my not buying the parts cars.

Originally posted by shadetree View Post
                        Pictures are kinda old
                        Yeah, forgot to cancel the date stamp feature. I take the batteries out when not using the camera.
                        Last edited by TominMO; 11-03-2013, 02:44 PM.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

I was looking at that engine picture for a second.. was like.. I know I've seen that before, wait a second.. wait.. OMGOSH HE BOUGHT the car!

Congrats! So perty.
                          White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
                          White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
                          1988 LX 5-speed
                          ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

That single solenoid on the wiper motor plate looks exactly like my car! No fair. Now you need to buy a bottle of K&N oil and clean the intake cone filter. Nice.
                            Last edited by bravekozak; 11-03-2013, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                              That single solenoid on the wiper motor plate looks exactly like my car! No fair. Now you need to buy a bottle of K&N oil and clean the intake cone filter. Nice.
                              Leaning toward keeping it on the road; so lotsa TLC will happen.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Working...
                              X