fuel cut off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel cut off?

Any way to change the fuel cutoff in the ecu on a b3 to maybe like 6700?
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

I believe rocketman discovered the b3 ecu has no removable EPROM. Therefore it isn't remappable like the b6t ecu.
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

i havn't broken one open to see where the filter is for the fuel cut off... i suspect that since there is no e-prom, it's a hard wired filter and relay.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Safc neo?
        -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
        -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

SACF isn't going to help, more than likely WOT is pre-mapped and it won't pay attention to any of the sensor inputs anyway. A SAFC will only modify sensor inputs to the ECU.

You may be able to change one of the cystal resonators in there that sets the clock speed, I think one with a lower MHz may bump the rev limiter up.

I still have that B3 ECU around here somewhere, I'll try to find it

Can you guys run a B6 ECU? Those may be able to be modified.
          Last edited by Rocketman; 11-04-2013, 02:07 PM.
          1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
          High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
          Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

Check it out for us please matt. For us guys who are going b3t it may come in in handy

Comment

we can run a B6 ECU with the B3, but the fuel and timing maps will out of wack. now if the B6 has an EPROM, that no longer becomes an issue.
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

See if the two-plug B6 ecu has a ROM in it. I may be able to do some things with it for ya'll.
                1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
                High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
                Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

Working...
                X