festiva build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• festiva build

Ever since I saw a festiva on top gear about 2 or 3 years ago I've wanted one. As the time passes it makes more and more sense for one, I want one that I can daily but still have street cred and be zippy. My current "daily" is a Nissan maxima with a swapped and cammed Vq35de with full suspension mods. I want some thing that's a little more quiet. I was looking around on craigslist and have found many Gl's and lx's with 5 speeds(what I mainly want) and the stock b3. I don't want to swap it for a b6t or bp but I do want a turbo. How much boost can the stock b3 block hold? Where can I find a turbo manifold? Will I have to run a new ECU, Boost Controller, or turbo timer?

Thanks for your time-nissanford

since youre used to nissans and aftermarket support, I'll say this, forget all that, there's almost no aftermarket support for festiva's so be prepared to build custom parts

There's no factory turbo manifolds for the B3, if you want boost, you'd honestly want to seriously look at the B6T, it's a fairly easy swap if you're good with wiring and reliable as hell and many members hit 13's with a B6T

Just my two cents

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Or you could swap in a B6, for 83 NA hp. A B6 (not B6D or B6T) is basically a SOHC, bored-out B3. Easiest swap possible and you keep most of your gas mileage. I have one and it is definitely zippy.

Don't get an auto BTW if you want gas mileage, sine they are only 3-speeds and really wind out on the hwy.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Think about a rear turbo for a B3. Easier that a front turbo, & proven to work.
        If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
          Think about a rear turbo for a B3. Easier than a front turbo, & proven to work.
          Do you hve any evidence for this outrageous and irresponsible statement?
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
            Do you hve any evidence for this outrageous and irresponsible statement?
            Eurotiva is all the evidence he needs. just ask any florida guy we all know it works.
            ;
            www.facebook.com/rhodestiva ;
            rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
            http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44851
            http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=419
            '92 Festiva L M/T
            '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

that was sarcasm Rhodeski lol Tom has had a rear turbo car built for him by Greg
              -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Originally posted by M3NTAL View Post
                that was sarcasm Rhodeski lol Tom has had a rear turbo car built for him by Greg
                Yeah, it's a slow day, so gotta stir sump'n up. Fully aware of that redneck running 11.78.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

IDC WHAT ANYONE SAYS.REAR TURBOS DO WORK AND WORK GOOD. BUT THERE NOT AS EFFIECENT AS A FRONT MOUNT

Comment

I still don't understand it. If it's about space, you can still use the stock manifold and put the turbo way down low at say, where the 90 is in the down pipe. Should work even better then. You'd have a straight shot to the turbo, it'd be out of the way, and still nice short plumbing. To each his own, I guess.
                    Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                    91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

From what I've been told, the efficiency issue has to do with the exhaust gas cooling on the way back to the rear turbo. Wrapping the pipe all the way back should keep most if not all of that from happening. In other words, if Greg was running an efficient pipe setup for a BP, rather than stock Festy pipe, and also wrapping the exhaust pipe, he would be even deeper into the 11s. Matt D's built B3 motor is using 2.5" pipe all the way back, and there is still plenty of exhaust velocity--because it is basically a BP that happens to be 1.3 liters!

But don't axe me the reason the exhaust needs to be hot; I forgot that part. I just remember that is it better.
                      Last edited by TominMO; 11-07-2013, 02:38 PM.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Originally posted by 1chrisapple View Post
                        IDC WHAT ANYONE SAYS.REAR TURBOS DO WORK AND WORK GOOD. BUT THERE NOT AS EFFIECENT AS A FRONT MOUNT
                        THAT WAS SARCASM :banghead:
                        Last edited by Damkid; 11-07-2013, 02:54 PM.

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

NO sarcasm allowed. Everthang is facts. Guilty until proven innocent. :evil:
                          Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                          91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Originally posted by 1chrisapple View Post

It's CAPS LOCK Thursday again already?? Where does the week go? :mrgreen:
                            If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                            Zulu Ministries

Comment

Rear mount turbos are junk, and I wouldn't put one on my car, because then it would have two, and I don't think minds are ready for that.
                              -Greg
                              Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                              BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                              Redneck Engineer
                              FOTY - '09
                              5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Working...
                              X