oh MY local law enforcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh MY local law enforcement

Well got the pimptiva pulled over today for the first time.

At least the state trooper was nice. He didn't think I was wearing my seat belt, but said he couldn't see my harnesses I was wearing, he says they are probably not legal because they are not DOT stamped anywheres, but that I am probably safer wearing them than a regular belt. second thing is I didn't know it was illegal for my rear license plate to be incased, he says that because when they shine there flashlights on them they have to reflect the letters, so they can see them, and the glass will throw off a glare, but he said as long as I didn't mind getting pulled over all the time I shouldn't have a problem with either. I do have a regular manual seatbelt on the drivers side for such a reason, but its not completely attatched yet, so I have to fix that and wear it around town, that was the plan anyways.

So ya no ticket, and he failed to notice I don't have a third brake light :-) Simon shaved that off, even though its a federal regulation I think. Im workign on a custome one to be mounted inside on the roof support, instead of the stock location.

So that is my story... Oh and yesturday when i took a nap I left my funtop wide open, and it downpoored. Now my car smells horribly like stinky gym feet, and everythign in there got soaked. Can't dry out today because its raining again more here. damit...

Logan

maybe he just wanted to pull you over to check out the car but tried not to make it obvious

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid
      maybe he just wanted to pull you over to check out the car but tried not to make it obvious
      Exactly! And I mean.......who wouldn't........want to check out a festy!
      A Festiva saved my life.
      Former owner of a '93 L.
      Rolled her at 120 km/h and walked away.
      R.I.P. "747"

Comment

I know how it feels to have a soaked interior .
        Use Febreze stuff ,it will really take the odor out, wet or other wise .
        ------------------------------------------------
        The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
        Smart Passion white with H-D interior
        HD2500 Duramax Chevy
        Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
        Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
        Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
        Z28 LS1 power 500 +
        90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
        It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Safety harness don't have DOT stickers but have to be inspected / replaced every couple years. Those 20 year old DOT belts that have been in the sun for twenty years are considered safer , go figure.

Most of the guys I know leave the old factory stuff in place just to stay legal.
          money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

According to NY state law - this applies to inspections too - if the vehicle is equipped with it - it has to work. If there is no thrid brake light - they can't ticket you for it. Same thing for sidemarers and whatnot - if it isn't there how the heck are they supposed to know that there should be one there? As long as you have turns/parks/backup and headlights - plate light for the rear too, they can't bother you about it.
            HENRY
            Fast, fun and good gas mileage. 91' Festiva(RIP) and 96' Aspire(RIP). The website is no more.

Comment

Working...
            X