X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB Install

Put a CB in my Festy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like it was born there! Very nice job! Something I desperately want to do to mine as well. Looks like someone had one in mine as the mounting holes and hole for the wiring is already in mine.
    88 LTD Crown Victoria ex-police car "The Honorary Festiva" - 5.0, Shorty headers, straight pipes, punched cats, k&n, transgo shift kit, kc daylighers, 3.55 posi rear, 14 mpg, 276k miles.
    1985 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham coupe - all original, 115k miles.
    2003 Mazda Protegè 5 - straight pipe, hid low beams and led high beams, AEM cold air intake.
    1989 Mazda MX-6 GT turbo- bone stock and was free.

Comment

I haven't had a CB installed in a car since I was a teen. I have one in a drawer and have been considering it. Are you into them much? What is the word on a good antenna that will look OK on our cars, with a good amp? Do you have a line on good amps?
      Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
      Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
      "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Nice install. Ill take that console shelf off your hands if its taking up too much space!
        Last edited by Chobobulous; 11-14-2013, 01:15 PM. Reason: spelling errors
        91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
        06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
        95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Looks good!
          -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
          Random Festiva Parts
          Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Originally posted by scitzz View Post
            I haven't had a CB installed in a car since I was a teen. I have one in a drawer and have been considering it. Are you into them much? What is the word on a good antenna that will look OK on our cars, with a good amp? Do you have a line on good amps?
            I have a 102" on my truck but I'm gonna try a Wilson Lil Will on the car. 3ft magnet base.

Comment

Originally posted by Chobobulous View Post
              Nice install. Ill take that console shelf off your hands if its taking up too much space!
              Shoot me a message it's just laying in the car. I think one clip on the very back is broke but I never had problems with it falling.

Comment

Originally posted by logan View Post
                I have a 102" on my truck but I'm gonna try a Wilson Lil Will on the car. 3ft magnet base.

Haha! I had a radio shack 102" whip on the bumper of a dodge 600 ES when I was 17 Ran a 150 linear amp into it, and had an 8 gauge ground wire about 25 feet long. I would roll it into the halifax river from boat ramps in Daytona Beach, and make the Atlantic Ocean my ground plane. Slammed meters for MILES! Friday night stepping on the old timers, oh yeah!

This here is Beetlejuice, AKA The mouth of the south, come on back now, ya hear?

Comment

Haha! I had a radio shack 102" whip on the bumper of a dodge 600 ES when I was 17 Ran a 150 linear amp into it, and had an 8 gauge ground wire about 25 feet long. I would roll it into the halifax river from boat ramps in Daytona Beach, and make the Atlantic Ocean my ground plane. Slammed meters for MILES! Friday night stepping on the old timers, oh yeah!

This here is Beetlejuice, AKA The mouth of the south, come on back now, ya hear?
                  I love my 102" looks goofy but who cares. Mine has no SWR.

Comment

What is the word on a good antenna that will look OK on our cars, with a good amp?
                    I suggest the K30 antenna. For Festivas that don't have a rear window sprayer, the grommet at the top of the rear will allow your cable to run into the car without exposing the cable inside the cabin, and then you can run the cable down the A-pillar, behind the dash, and to the radio. As far as CB's go, having an amp isn't so important as peaking & tuning the CB to get as much as you can from it. I recommend a ground loop isolator to keep the whistling down. A good mic will help with clarity, even if the radio isn't the greatest. As with an amplifier in a car stereo, I suggest wiring the radio (through the GLI) to something solid in the car to get the best ground possible. I also suggest powering the CB with the same switch wire that powers the stereo so that you don't drain the battery by leaving the CB on with the car off.
                    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

[QUOTE=DriverOne;629185 As far as CB's go, having an amp isn't so important as peaking & tuning the CB to get as much as you can from it. [/QUOTE]

I like to get OUT! LOL! The rest of your advice sounds spot on to what I remember. That and the antenna you suggest is good to 300 watts, which is much more than I would consider, maybe 50 would be a good range.

PS, LOVE the NDG quote, he is DA MAN!

Logan, how do you tune without a SWR meter?

Comment

What are you wanting to "tune" the antenna? There's no way to get the SWR out of the antenna without a meter. Which some radios have them, cobra 29 and 148 I know do. And 25 doesn't.

Comment

I got an 8', 3' magnent one, and a 2' one on my old festy haha but I got my cb just resting on my dash on my current one but I plan on putting my 8' one on my festy sometime soon slap a little flag on the top that says R/C
                          1993 festy "white stallion" BP swap with 7" lift, 1ton wench
                          R.I.P. 1991 festy "the festiva" stock b3, atv bumper, 8' whip

Comment

Originally posted by chris (Festiva) View Post
                            I got an 8', 3' magnent one, and a 2' one on my old festy haha but I got my cb just resting on my dash on my current one but I plan on putting my 8' one on my festy sometime soon slap a little flag on the top that says R/C
                            That is an AWESOME idea!

Can I steal it?

Comment

You would have to pry it off my festys cold dead body first! But i just got an old whip they cheep
                              1993 festy "white stallion" BP swap with 7" lift, 1ton wench
                              R.I.P. 1991 festy "the festiva" stock b3, atv bumper, 8' whip

Comment

Working...
                              X