Flasher location...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flasher location...

Can't locate flasher behind my 1993 Festiva dash. Blinkers don't work at all but hazards do. I bought new flasher, it has 3 U -shape prongs on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Up under the dash inline with the fuse block.
    Reach up under there their will be 3-4 relays hanging there wiggle them back and forth and the will slide off one will be green that's it.

Comment

Did you confirm that the 10A fuse labeled 'Meter' is good?

If your Hazard light are blinking off and on then the flasher module should be good because the hazard and turn signals use the same flasher module.

If you have a service manual, check section 17 for Diagnosis and testing of your problem.
      Last edited by 1990new; 11-14-2013, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Meter fuse is good

Comment

Found the green one...it says 'flasher' right on it . I unplugged it, hit it on its side a few times and now it works! You guys are awesome and so is this forum.

Comment

Here is a link that explains how the flasher works.

http://www.howstuffworks.com/turn-signal.htm
            Click on the link within this "thermal flasher" to see how the flasher module works.

I can attest to the fact that turn signals are underused by a large percentage of the population in the Southeast (here in Charleston anyway).
            I'm a bit of a fanatic about using them myself and I get a little irritated by other people who assume I know what they are going to do.

Comment

^Haha. I know what you mean. I like when they slow down to a crawl and then pull the signal 20 feet from the turn. Cause darn tootin', that's when I need the heads up.
              Last edited by sketchman; 11-14-2013, 05:43 PM.
              Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
              91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Working...
              X