Will these tires work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will these tires work?

I am looking at checking out these 14s this guy has for sale. He has 4 of them and they are about 50-60% tread left on them. The guy said he would let go of them for $150 for all 4. I am just not too sure if they will fit. I think the 60 series fit on the festy but not to sure about the 70 series. Any help would be appreciated it. Thanks again guys for such a great community to be a part of.

-Nick

20131120_191608_resized-2.jpg20131120_191608_resized-2.jpg20131120_191611_resized-2.jpg20131120_191611_resized-2.jpg20131120_191613_resized-2.jpg20131120_191613_resized-2.jpg

Here are some other pictures of the tires that he sent me. Ill def need new tires soon on these but this will get me a bigger rim and is way better than the bald tires I have no on my festiva. I do about 10-12 miles a week total on my car going to and from work so they might last me for awhile. It would just be an alternative to give me more time while I save for new tires for the 14in rim.

But this is all hypothetical because the tire/rim might now even fit my car. Right now I am running complete stock everything tire/rim etc.

Thanks again,
    Nick

Comment

185-70's I believe would be wayyyyy to tall. The 205's I think are too wide. I remember someone on here running 205's but I don't recall the wheel size. If you plan on using larger wheels on a stock suspension, I would get the lightest wheel I could find and use a low profile tire. That should allow the brakes to stop you under heavy braking. (My only complaint after 23 yrs of Festiva driving is the stock brakes aren't good enough, Strictly my opinion and other will disagree with this.)
      Last edited by Team Lightning; 11-21-2013, 01:15 AM.
      Jerry
      Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
      90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
      92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
      93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Dang, that stinks that they wont work. I guess its not even worth going to check out. Ill keep hunting around or Ill just cave and go to tire rack or something soon. Thanks for the help.

Comment

I would definitely skip any of those. Way too tall.

The best set of used tires and wheels together you could luck into would be Metro steelies with either 155/80-13s or 175/70-13s. They'd make a great backup set for when you finally get your new 14" tires put on your nice wheels.

Karl

Karl
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

+1^ i run 185/65/14s with aspire breaks and stock festiva suspension . This is the bigest tire that i would ever try with out a lift lol.
            Slight rubbing from the rear when loaded.

Comment

I'd use 185-60-14 instead of the 65 series. That's what I have on my 90L with the complete Aspire swap.
              Jerry
              Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
              93 L Lightning. BP

Comment

Thanks so much guys for all the help.

What about those tires? Id be buying them just for the rims to get something that I can put a 14 in tire on. Will these fit right on my car without any modification?

Sorry for all the questions, but thanks so much for all the help.

Comment

Those came off a Corolla so they won't fit your bolt pattern. Corollas are 4 X 100, at least since '89 or '90.

Karl
                  '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                  '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                  '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                  '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                  '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

If you are looking for tires Wal-Mart is having an awesome black Friday sale on certain tires. The ones I'm looking at are 28 a piece. Guaranteed or they give you a voucher

Sent from Kingston Ga from my hillbilly handheld
                    90 festy with 92 FI motor. Digital camo paint. BHAF. short throw. currently 47 MPGs

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                      Those came off a Corolla so they won't fit your bolt pattern. Corollas are 4 X 100, at least since '89 or '90.

Karl
                      Dang yeah youre right. I guess tirerack seems to be the best option right now while I wait for some decent 14s to come by on craigslist. Thanks for all the help guys.
                      Ill check out walmart coming up this week as well.

Comment

Biggest I've had was 185/55r14s. They fit nice with stock suspension, but did rub in the rear and were pretty close to the rear spring perch. They did, however, work.
                        Currently I have 165/55r14 with a 14x6 Estrella and 35+ offset. Fits stock suspension like a dream and got them (federal formoza fd1) for $50 each off tires-easy.com.
                        I am currently looking for winter tires for the old Canada, and since I recently cut the front springs (1.5coils) I'm thinking of going 175/65 on those. As it currently stands I'm 5 under what the speedo says, and according to the tire comparator that size would make the speedo precise.
                        In any case, I'd not go for the ones you're looking at. Too tall just like everyone else says.

Also if you're looking for wheels, the American Racing Estrellas are the way to go. 14x6 35+offset and come in dual bolt pattern (4x114.3 and 4x100) in case you ever do an aspire swap, but they also fit the stock pattern. They are also in the $50/wheel neighborhood. I got my wheels from discount tire and the fd1s from tires-easy.com.
                        Hope you find what you need!

PS. If you do get larger wheels, check into a BMW lug bolt or a stud conversion. Running the festy wheel bolts on a bigger rim is asking for vibration.

-James
                        Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

Most custom wheel shops have the screw in studs. Use 12x1.5x50mm long and use locktite to secure them into the threads.
                          You can get the locktite at any mcparts store. You only need a small tube.
                          Jerry
                          Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                          93 L Lightning. BP

Comment

Wow thanks for the great advice guys. Ill def be on the lookout for some deals and something that works.

Comment

Working...
                            X