spare tire question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spare tire question

I never really paid any mind to the spare tire till today. my car still has the stock 12s and will be upgrading soon but I was wondering if all festiva have a 13 inch spare??
    1990 Red Festiva STOCK "pregnant roller skate"
    1989 Yellow Festiva BP swap "Freebird"
    2007 Ford F150 "black sunshine" full exhaust with x-pipe. K&N intake. Headman Headers.
    2001 Honda accord SOLD lots of goodies done suicide doors lowered 20 inch rims
    2005 Ford F250 6.0 Turbo Diesel "swamprat" 4 inch lift, 4 inch mbrp exhaust, egr delete, glowshift pillar gauges.
    1994 Ford F150 5.0 Completely stock.

I'm not aware of any full size spare options so my guess is that all Festivas came with temporary spares in the 13" size.

If you will be upgrading to Aspire hubs with their 4 X 100mm pattern, then I'd recommend getting an early Kia Rio spare doughnut, which is the same size as the Aspire doughnut, but several years newer. They also came in bias ply and radial versions. I have one of each.

Either that or go to a full size spare to match your new tires.

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Don't use donuts, get a full-size 12" spare. Far more reliable and convenient if you have to go any distance with it.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

This reminds me, I should dump out my donut and throw one of my old 12s in the back.
        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

I just ordered today my 14s and I will be putting one the old steelies in just in case
          1990 Red Festiva STOCK "pregnant roller skate"
          1989 Yellow Festiva BP swap "Freebird"
          2007 Ford F150 "black sunshine" full exhaust with x-pipe. K&N intake. Headman Headers.
          2001 Honda accord SOLD lots of goodies done suicide doors lowered 20 inch rims
          2005 Ford F250 6.0 Turbo Diesel "swamprat" 4 inch lift, 4 inch mbrp exhaust, egr delete, glowshift pillar gauges.
          1994 Ford F150 5.0 Completely stock.

Comment

I have an Aspire spare in mine. The problem is the fact you can't use the stock wheel well cover any more. I just went to the junk yard, got a nice clean large cover out of some other trunk, cut the hole a lttle larger so that it would fit around the steel wheel protrusion. Dropped in a plastic disc and then threw carpet over that. Just a small bump now.
            Last edited by bravekozak; 11-23-2013, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X