for those who were wondering...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for those who were wondering...

I officially can now say WHY Caety and I were unable to attend Madness this year:

Yes, that's a 2 story barn WITH Observatory!!!! and a 2 story garage that's big enough to stuff 14 festys in.

I'm a home owner now!!!!! WooT
    Last edited by FestYboy; 11-24-2013, 02:46 PM.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Way to go Arty! Let's see pics of your new command center and awesome workshop!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Congrats to you and Caety, looks like a great place to raise a family.
      An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Wow that's nice! Good excuse for not attending--but no excuse next year! See you then.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
          Way to go Arty! Let's see pics of your new command center and awesome workshop!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
          CC and shop are comming.... spring is gonna be build time: more propper parking area and start prepping for a lift bay off the back of the main garrage.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

Congrats welcome to home ownership its a labor of Love (sometimes a Love/Hate relationship) ! Whats the history on the 2 stry building? Who ever owned your house prior liked to do framing. Looks like your rural enough to have a well with city sewer? Def gotta make the 2nd floor "Possum Lodge" for Festy Owners only :highly_amused: Looking good Dude,who is gonna be on mowing detail? Time to make a riding Festy lawn mower!
            Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
            Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
            Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Looks good! Does that observatory have a roll back roof?
              Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
              Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
              "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

^ yes it does!

more history of the home in a bit, have to concentrate on packing 30 years of crap.... oh joy.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                  ^ yes it does!
                  Please tell me you plan on installing a telescope!

Running around outside the asylum again with my tappy talky appy
                  Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                  Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                  "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Congrats to you and yours! That place looks great! Maybe a Festy rally there in the future?!
                    1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
                    1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
                    1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
                    2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
                    2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
                    2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
                    1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

Most importantly, no big trees near the parking areas!
                      89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                      94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                      2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                      1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

well there's one (pin oak), but it's comming down soon (nearly dead) and i want to put something smaller and nicer in it's place like a Japanese Maple or Dogwood. there IS old growth on property and there's a plan for a raised garden and shed to go in the corner of the property, then regrade the yard for a deck and prep for the lift pad. then we're done, maybe.

that doesn't include changes to the interior and the nessisary dormer for the 2nd floor for the master bedroom.

As for the history of the house, we're the 2nd owners!!! the PO passed away last year and HE built the place in '51 (he was a woodrite and framer). he built the house, cabinetry for the kitchen, the rear padio extention, the 2nd 2 story garrage, the barn, then the observatory for the barn, the 2nd floor bath dormer.... everything!

it's now a 1.5 story, 1+2half bath, 1 car + 2 story 4car, walk out basment 2 bedroom, 2 kitchen, officially. that will change a little once we're done with it, but i can tell you this now, I will be hosting a meet this comming year!!!

Comment

Awesome possum!!!!

Karl
                          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I'm so happy for you both!! Nothing like owning your own home and what an awesome garage!
                            Pat

:fred:1993 5 spd "Big Red" - Daily Driver
                            1994 Honda Del Sol DOHC VTEC
                            2004 Mazda 3
                            -----------
                            5 million dogs and cats are euthanized each year in shelters. Have your pets spayed or neutered.

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

score!!! Looks like a nice place, can't wait for artypennstiva'14!!
                              2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                              1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                              1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                              1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                              1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                              1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                              1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                              1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Working...
                              X