blue Shogun ford fesiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blue Shogun ford fesiva

Well was at jiffylube today getting an oil change in my sisters egle talon and while weighting I started talking to an older guy getting his truck worked on. We'll. He talked about all his vws he has had and I brought up my festy of course and he says ohh really? Them cars are pretty sweet. And continued on saying his buddy boughtt a blue shogun festiva and its insanly fast. I didn't beleave him at first but he told me that its one of the original built and he rode in it and told me where it was! Lincolin nebraska! At this guys museam at motorspeedway (not shure of exact name will look it up) but on the 3rd floor its only open on Friday so ill try to drive across town and see if its actually an original and get a fue pics if there open
    1993 festy "white stallion" BP swap with 7" lift, 1ton wench
    R.I.P. 1991 festy "the festiva" stock b3, atv bumper, 8' whip

looking forward to pics!
    89 LX (461xxx miles original motor and trans, retired)
    90 L (restoration in progress)
    91 L (saved from abusive owner lol)
    92 L (DD)
    88 (model unknown, rust free, possible project)
    88-89 (parts car. practically picked to the bone)
    93 GL (parts car)

Comment

How did it get to the third floor? big elevator? Maybe we should have a super meet in Lincoln, NE.

Comment

Motorspeedway owns a blue shogun , this guy (or the museum) ALSO owns all the moulds to fab up the body parts. This guy bought the rights and the remaining shogun parts when Special editions closed down. I also heard that he wont even show us the moulds (for example take measurements etc) , so let alone make some parts from them....

Comment

The moulds would be closed up with both halves together. I don't believe he has them. If so, then he is paranoid. Leave him alone with his moulds. With money, anyone can have a mould made.
          Last edited by bravekozak; 11-27-2013, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Well looks like someone needs to become his best friend and get the molds from him lol, but of all places its in lincolin!? And yea I'm asuming there is an elivator cuz there are quite a bit of other cars there too
            1993 festy "white stallion" BP swap with 7" lift, 1ton wench
            R.I.P. 1991 festy "the festiva" stock b3, atv bumper, 8' whip

Comment

Cool story
              Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
              Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
              Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Craziness, but KOo

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                  The moulds would be closed up with both halves together. I don't believe he has them. If so, then he is paranoid. Leave him alone with his moulds. With money, anyone can have a mould made.
                  Why the hell would you doubt Phoenix when he's spent countless hours researching and building a shogun, if anyone should know details about the original shoguns he would

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                    Why the hell would you doubt Phoenix when he's spent countless hours researching and building a shogun, if anyone should know details about the original shoguns he would
                    Tue enough,but in Brave's defense.Phoenix said he "Heard" info as opposed to "I saw this as fact".
                    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

A rear quarter mold would probably weigh about 1000 pounds and require a 300 ton press minimum. I would assume there would probably be three per side (because of the deep draw). Each costing around $7000 each to make. What's to hide? They have to be stored on a nice thick concrete floor with lots of room and towmotor accessibility. Unused molds eventually rust if not looked after (greased up or sprayed), or end up becoming scrap metal.
                      Last edited by bravekozak; 11-28-2013, 07:50 PM.

Comment

I bet the molds are fiberglass. I work with car molds daily and I can say a Ferrari enzo mold is 200 lbs.
                        -Greg
                        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                        Redneck Engineer
                        FOTY - '09
                        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Sorry, I thought it was genuine sheet metal stampings.
                          Last edited by bravekozak; 11-28-2013, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X