Interchangeable part?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interchangeable part?

My ignition switch (key) will not lock the steering wheel nor remove from the switch. The key will not rotate to the lock position. I will try to replace the entire switch; however does anyone know if 88-93 are interchangeable? I have the 93 L , five speed. I took the Colum covers off and tried to find the little “white plastic disk” in an attempt to get the key out. I could not find what was being referred to in the last thread.

I believe they are all interchangeable. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
    I had mine apart to solder a wire for the key reminder buzzer. The hard thing is removing the two shear screws. I managed to break them free with a pair of vice grip pliers. Good luck.
    I was going to replace them with OEM screws, but I changed my mind, and used regular screws instead (just in case I ever had to open it up again).
    Last edited by bravekozak; 12-02-2013, 11:29 AM.

Comment

It's not a disk, follow the wires to the back side of the ignition cylinder and you'll see it. It's just held to the column by a single screw.
      Last edited by zoom zoom; 12-02-2013, 11:20 AM.
      2008 Kia Rio- new beater
      1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
      1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
      1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
      1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
      1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
      1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
      1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Working...
      X