X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 10 Scary Cars

Top 10 scary cars 1987 Ford Festiva

Scary for: Drivers

Take a good look at this car. Kind of small, wouldn't you say? Now imagine yourself in a Festiva surrounded by amphetamine-snacking tractor-trailer drivers. Going 75 miles per hour. At night. In the rain. Scared yet? We sure are. We once got in trouble for saying this car came right from the factory with a funeral wreath on the grille. found this on top 10 scary cars-cars.com would post link but do not know how. look it up

Interesting List...

The pic they have for a Festiva is one awesome looking ride though. White with awesome cheesy graphics and the holey headrests!

http://www.cars.com/go/advice/Story....y&subject=more
    Last edited by Prafeston; 12-07-2013, 06:09 PM.
    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
    Random Festiva Parts
    Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

I want to see the article about the funeral wreath lol.
      91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
      06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
      95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

What, no mention of the Corvair?

I still want a 4-door Monza, post-'64.
        White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
        White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
        1988 LX 5-speed
        ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

I Saw a Monza the other day while working. it was in pretty rough shape though. The Passenger side mirror was missing and loads of other little problems.
          1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
          2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
          1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

yeah the pic of the car is what I was looking at when I stumbled apon it

Comment

I had that V-8 Monza up on two wheels at well over 100 mph.
              I can't believe I'm still here. It wasn't even my car. Now that's funny.
              Last edited by bravekozak; 12-07-2013, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Typical 'merican mentality there. "it it's got more weight, it's gotta be safer". Couldn't be further from the truth. Lightweight cars are much more likely to protect their occupants than heavy cars. Smack a ping pong ball with a bat, the ping pong ball bounces without harm, now make the ping pong ball the size of a basketball and put a bean bag in it to increase the weight and hit it with a bat, it will crush even though its bigger and has more weight and material. This same principle applies to the shell and crumple zones of an automobile. The lighter and more compact the vehicle is, the less likely it is to crush when impacted by an outside force.
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I've walked way from 2 wrecks in Festivas and 1 in a 5800lb van. Interestingly the van hydroplaned and rolled into a creek. I turned into a 50mph front driver's side quarter hit from a Taurus my senior year of high school. Like said, the Festiva bounced off the Taurus, all 3 of us were fine. But Festiva was totaled while the Taurus plowed right through it with only bumper cover damage. I don't know if it's as simple as one might think. Had I taken the hit in the driver's door I don't think I'd be here today. Really don't. Wish I had pics of the whole front end of the Festiva bent over and the quarter caved in to illustrate, but I do not. My head shattered the driver's window from the speed of bouncing off the other car.
                  Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                  91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Working...
                  X