My New Festiva!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Festiva!!

So as some of you may know Today I bought my Festiva. Its a 91 Auto I believe its a LX as it has a Rear Defrost but no rear Wiper. Only 145,000 Kms which is roughly 90,000ish Miles I think. It also has a rear spoiler which you can't see in the pictures as its too dark out. Its a beaut I know!

Festiva (1).jpg

Festiva (2).jpg

Hey! White with black stripes! Just like that eBay Germany one I just posted! Auto! Close to same mileage too. If the rear spoiler is black, I'll eat my shorts.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 12-15-2013, 09:33 PM.

Comment

I've literally only seen like 3 Festys in my Life and I've owned 2....... BC problems am I right? Or am I right?

Comment

There used to be quite a few in Toronto, once upon a time (about ten years ago).
        The only thing I hate about Canadian Festivas is the fabric headliner. That's the reason why I bought a U.S. one.

Comment

Congrats on new vehicle. I hate stripes on most other cars but its so neat to see what was done to these cars, from bygone era for the most part. Some so 1980s, some so tacky saved by the bell 90's. yours in great taste i like.
          1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Ring View Post
            I've literally only seen like 3 Festys in my Life and I've owned 2....... BC problems am I right? Or am I right?
            Ive seen 3, 1 I own and two I saw at Damkid's house.
            1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
            2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

Looks good.

Don't feel bad. They're all gone here too. Used to be one parked at Lowes across from where I work. Haven't seen it in months. That was the last one in the area that I know of, besides my "technically" 3. Just 1 on the road. Sad times.
              Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
              91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

very nice, congrats!
                Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

They are becoming a numbered species everywhere.. I barely see them here in oz.. The most I've seen in Victoria since having mine is about 5 max

sent from the depths of hell.
                  Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
                  Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
                  Highway - 7.32L/100km
                  City - yet to be determined.

Comment

LX models have cloth seats, a fabric insert on the door cards and the edges of the doors around the glass are painted black, amongst other things. Main thing for you though is that the body is in good shape. Keep your eyes out for derelict Festys from which to upgrade and also start scoping around for an Aspire from which to scavenge suspension and brakes.

Comment

Originally posted by sketchman View Post
                      Don't feel bad. They're all gone here too. Used to be one parked at Lowes across from where I work. Haven't seen it in months. That was the last one in the area that I know of, besides my "technically" 3. Just 1 on the road. Sad times.
                      Around West Union Ohio I have seen 4 other Festies plus a few others outside of this town. Two I see everyday parked in driveways. We have 4 now sitting in the driveway with one on the road. Two other ones will be road worthy soon once the cold weather warms up a bit. G-dine and her son will drive the other two. Her son can't wait to drive "Blue". It still needs rear break shoes and bearings, a windshield, & 4 new tires.
                      1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
                      1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
                      1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
                      2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
                      2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
                      2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
                      1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

So as some of you may know Today I bought my Festiva. Its a 91 Auto I believe its a LX as it has a Rear Defrost but no rear Wiper. Only 145,000 Kms which is roughly 90,000ish Miles I think. It also has a rear spoiler which you can't see in the pictures as its too dark out. Its a beaut I know!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14608[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14609[/ATTACH]
                        The Festy looks great! Great find!!

It took me 4 times to find our 4th Festy without frame rot underneath.
                        1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
                        1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
                        1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
                        2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
                        2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
                        2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
                        1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

Drive out Langley way! I see three on my way to work and there is about 5 more I see on an inconstant basis around Surrey.

-Scott
                          Aqua 93 L
                          Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
                          White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

I have seen 3 here in southern Maryland 2 of witch where owned by me. so only 2 on the road where I live... a untapped gold mine in a nearby junkyard with dozens of junked festivas of all kinds. sad that they cant be on the road...

Comment

Working...
                            X