New style chip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New style chip?

I ran across this today through one of those side bar advertisements. I clicked on it because of the matte black Corvette.

Apparently this thing simply modifies the signal going to the ECU to change the A/F ratio.

For $60 I'd almost be curious enough to try. I have no idea how legit these things are, I just found it interesting.
    88L - Awaiting bigger and better things
    92L - Dead and needs love - was DD
    91 - Shell with title
    92GL - receiving B8 Swap and will be DD

It's an eight cent resistor that fools your intake temp sensor, they stick it in a fancy box. There's no chip. Complete scam, but they sell tons of these because of websites like that
    1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
    High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
    Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

Yeah, about as effective as those fuel line magnets on ebay.

Just a scam.
      1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
      2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
      1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Wait, the fuel magnets don't work?! Oh well, at least the leaf blower I bought to turbocharge Matthew will do wonders for power.....
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I have seen on that also interrupts the o2 sensor and air meter with adjustment nobs. At least that one allows personal adjustment.
          HULi ---------------------------------------------------------------------------> Any-where, any-way, any-time.
          "CL4P-TP" - 93 Festiva L

Comment

hey! i have 12 of those fuel maggots on my car and now about every 100 miles i have to stop and empty the tank a little so it don't overflow.

Comment

Working...
            X