Clutch alignment tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch alignment tool

Because I can never find one of those dumb plastic things when I need it!

~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
    91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
    1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
    2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Good idea, much harder to loose one of those!
    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
    '92 Aqua parts Car
    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
    Your holy ghost will not save you.
    Your God plutonium will not save you.
    In fact...
    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

2008 Kia Rio- new beater
      1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
      1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
      1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
      1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
      1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
      1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
      1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

The clutch alignment tool comes in one of those Ford Rotunda tool kits. I got mine on eBay for cheap. For some reason, hardly anyone bids on them.
        Last edited by bravekozak; 12-20-2013, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
          The clutch alignment tool comes in one of those Ford Rotunda tool kits. I got mine on eBay for cheap. For some reason, hardly anyone bids on them.
          pretty sure he prolly has more than one of the alignment tools just cant keep track of them hence the input shaft.easier to find

Comment

New clutch kits come with an alignment tool... I have a few. After looking for one for 10 mins (still not sure what happened to it) I realized I had two disassembled transmissions in a tote under the work bench... works better and hard to misplace!
            ~Nate

Current cars:
            91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Clutch alignment tool

Yup I do the same thing :lol:

Last edited by Damkid; 12-21-2013, 08:41 AM.

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

This is a common issue Nate. I have 4 of them and still had to dig around for an hour to find one. Tool Gremlins love those things, they also love to take my 1/8" drift punch and any Philips driver with a fresh tip. Utility knives, flashlights with good batteries and
                10mm quarter drive sockets are also common gremlin delicacy.
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

ahahhaha
                  93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
                  RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
                  RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                    This is a common issue Nate. I have 4 of them and still had to dig around for an hour to find one. Tool Gremlins love those things, they also love to take my 1/8" drift punch and any Philips driver with a fresh tip. Utility knives, flashlights with good batteries and
                    You have a heard of Gremlines at your place!
                    88L - Awaiting bigger and better things
                    92L - Dead and needs love - was DD
                    91 - Shell with title
                    92GL - receiving B8 Swap and will be DD

Comment

It's so hard not to feed them after midnight and the little suckers keep getting wet.
                      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Haha! Yes, all of the above tend to disappear - along with any writing utensil I may need (when I need a sharpie I can find a pencil, when I need a pencil I can find a sharpie ??) And just about everything else... set it down and a minute later its mysteriously moved across the shop!
                        ~Nate

Current cars:

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                          10mm sockets! For a while, I bought one any time I was at HF, just to keep up with future loses!

The worst is, I usually know how they got lost. When I was doing Mobile Mechanixx, I dropped more than a couple on the ground, and would have them roll into sewer grates. One went into the frame of a Nissan truck and never got back out. I think the lady is still griping about listening to it rolling around. Mud. Leaves. Always 10mm sockets!
                          Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                          Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                          "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

If I ever become dirtystinkingfilthy rich, I'll have a MAGNETIC GARAGE FLOOR. Anything ferrous that falls onto it instantly sticks in place!

Karl
                            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

If i was a retailer id BOGO on every tool with *10mm excluded in sale
                              1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Working...
                              X