Been thinking about doing an odd project car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been thinking about doing an odd project car

So for some reason, although I already have enough project cars, I have been thinking about doing another one. And making it count. Now this isn't to say its gonna be some monster tuned car, but just more enjoyable to drive and more straight to the point.
    I have two Z cars already, a Honda, and a ford festiva. So the "sports" side of things are well covered (meaning the Z cars, not the Honda bwahahah). At first I thought about doing an S-chassis, but the world already has enough of those with just about anything you can think of done to them. an old mango or peanut crossed my mind as well. Just love the vintage look of Toyota.

What Im proposing to tune is so off-beat and crass that it may just work.
    Now keep an open mind here, and try not to judge too harshly. Its not gonna be a drift car or an auto-x car even. (I don't think this car could handle that stuff).

now what I have in mind is something along the lines of this:
    -gut all the plush interior stuff and replace with leather.
    - I would love to make a custom "bench" racing seat just for kicks since I would love to be able to have a passenger.
    - Fender flares to help break up all the square lines of it
    - since its a heavy car, I would stick with around 15"-17" tires, perhaps a dished version of what came on the crown vics that were BBS "style", or something by SSR's vintage line.
    - I have a spoiler in mind. Kind of an exaggerated version of what and how the 3kgt vr4 spoilers sit, almost hang over the side. but thicker and maybe 2-3 inches higher in comparison.
    -Engine wise, I'm still trying to work out what engines in stock form carry a car that has about the same curb weight as the Lincoln.....and can be turbo'd
    I'm hearing that people over seas are starting to put Triton(sp) diesel engines in Evos. That would be BOSS in this car. It would keep a decent mileage and power...and of course I would go turbo diesel...perhaps even bio-turbo-diesel haha.
    - suspension would have to be cleaned up a LOT cant have a boat like this rocking the waves on a tight course run.

Now I hope you all outright assume that this project would be over the course of years as I am not rich. But it would be fun and different to do!

feedback!!
    Fast....Women are fast
    Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

Sounds like a fun project. Looking forward to your build thread.
    Jerry
    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Those mark iv's and v's had 460's stock. Go forged on one and twin turbo.

Early 460's were 365hp/500lbft stock.

Though diesel power would be awesome. Plenty of room and structure to handle a big ol diesel too.
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Gutting it's a good first step. Then line everything in NASA style green ballistic nylon and make everything look industrial space ship.

Paint the outside in silver Strategic Air Command markings.

Wing of course, plus the tail fin. I've never seen a tail fin on one of these. Oh sorry..."vertical stabilizer." With "SAC" on it!

Diesel would be nice. Equipping it for JATO bottles would be nicer!

Just some thoughts.

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

been reading more about the stock engine. Plenty of power to be had, so it might stay.

haha safety guy....desert camouflage flat "ghost grey" is the correct answer to the color scheme. Right down to the jerry cans....
          vertical stabilizier and anti-yaw/ pitch control devices are secured as well. Hood will open in standard bomb bay door fashion.
          Fast....Women are fast
          Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

Comment

Those huge 2 door cars are getting harder to find and getting expensive too.
            Rick
            1993 Ford Festiva
            1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
            1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
            2000 Ford E350

Comment

Do it. I lover those cars. There used to be a yard with 4 or 5 of them sitting in it around here. All gone now, though.
              Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
              91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Working...
              X