what did i miss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what did i miss?

gone for a while and decided to check in after watching some vids on youtube about festivas... and I see greg has gone 11's!!! dang, I was hoping I was gonna be the first but you win some you loose some, o well, guess ill have to be the first in to the 10's

in the time that I have been gone the list of "stuff to do" on the festiva has grown but so has the list of "stuff to do" on the sidekick... yes im still working on the VW diesel conversion on the 4 door Suzuki sidekick... its 99.9% done now and is just getting the last few things put in it and then I can drive it and get rid of my 2 door tracker that's on its last legs... every time I drive it it sounds like its gonna blow up lol... the ONLY and I mean the ONLY good thing it has going for it right now is its stereo that can over power all the road/engine and trans noise along with creaks and groans this thing has... its getting so bad im tired of driving it and cant wait to get the new sidekick on the road ill get pics and vids as soon as I can and make a short build thread on it...

anyways, Ive scrolled through a few threads I have missed in the last while but im sure I have missed a bunch of good stuff... what's new in festiva world?

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

you were gone? LOL...j/k...welcome back. You have a lot of reading to do, get busy.
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

MIKE IS BACK WOOOOO

I haven't been on much lately, I took a similar direction in the hobby to what you did, though I bought one of the Suzuki's competitors. 2001 Kia Sportage. They're packed with as much cookie cutter Mazda engineering as the Festy is (the RF diesel and the JE V6 out of the MPV and 929 both are drop-in swaps, front diff is Miata, rear is RX7, etc), the frame is a little heavier than the Suzi's, and their body is basically a slightly tweaked and enlarged 4 door Festy shell. I'll be starting a build thread soon.

There's finally some serious talk about non-Bx engine swaps beyond Chris' Kswap, a couple guys are investigating Zx engines and I will be swapping my Sportage's FE3N in if/when I get a V6 (or an oil burner) into the Sportage.

Ian has another Festy project on the go, a B6T. http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...-Festiva-build
      And my Festy has been on the back burner since before you left. I got out of the tire business and became a heavy duty mechanic. That career move cost me about $30k and until I get a little further into the apprenticeship I'm taking home smaller paychecks (though I'm not doing hundred-hour weeks to get them anymore). Besides, with Race City shut down it'll be a few years before I can do anything really fun with it anyway- and because I switched insurance companies I won't be able to register it for about that long anyway (it'll probably be the first Festy on the planet with a specialty/collector insurance policy)
      Last edited by Tommychu; 01-05-2014, 10:22 AM.

Comment

awesome news, that sportage swap sounds cool, I was looking in to buying a sportage when I was looking in to getting a sidekick/tracker cause they where a cheap, 4x4 suv that gets deacent mileage... I went for the sidekick cause of the after market support and the diesel swap with the vw engine...

good to hear that you have gotten out of the tire biz, its a dirty and hard job, I hated it when I was doing tires... right now im working at a car audio shop and its alright, but just like you im looking for better. right now im finishing high school and when that done, im hoping to go to get my heavy equipment operators licence and go and do some work over in AB maybe next westiva ill be driving west not east and we can drive out together

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Crank that boost...welcome back. I was gone for quite a while, but had to come back, and continue drag racing....
          -Greg
          Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
          BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
          Redneck Engineer
          FOTY - '09
          5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Cool sounding project Sasquatch!

I am in the middle of starting another Festiva project myself. I had a BP swapped Festiva that I had an unfortunate accident with last year. (First accident in over 12 years... ) I just picked up a promising shell, and am in the middle of piecing everything together and parting out the old car.

Have family out in Alberta doing the patch scene, definitely good money if you can keep away from trouble. Machine operator is a good gig if you can get it. Welding isn't a bad one to do either. Another one that people often forget about is safety / inspector jobs. There are a lot of openings and good money for those positions.
            - Form should follow function...

Comment

Hey Mike! I have been away a long time too! I have been looking into buying another Festiva for a while now, but my Echo is running so well.......No need to change, lol.......

What car audio shop are you working for? I have been looking for a place to get my Wife's speakers installed that I got her for Christmas. Or I could come over to your place with a pizza, drinks, and/or some $$$ and we could get it done together (I am not as useless when it comes to car audio compared to my mechanical skills, lol). Also, I could give you a hand (if you are in need of one) with any Math or Science homework you may be puzzling over, as that is kinda my thing.

Pm me (or call, text etc)

Comment

YO!!! now that a deal its been a while since we have done anything together... ya if you want to come over one day we can hang out and work on getting those speakers in that would be cool ill have to see what days I will have off and what will work... I got school 3 days a week and work almost every day that I can, so its a little busy... but there is always time for pizza

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

How's your car coming along Mike??
                  -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

for the last year it hasn't moved 1 inch, nor have I turned 1 bolt on it been busy with school, and the sidekick... never mind not having any money to put in to it... but if all goes well, this new job will net me some good money and ill be able to sink some in to the festy greg look out

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

I switched up wheels a few times, got my bp01 bottom end/bp05 head swap in and running..saw gregs timeslip...then bought a turbo lol. I've been dailying my 51 chevy coupe, and have decided to make the Festiva the dedicated play car. So things should get serious shortly.
                      '93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

Comment

-M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Working...
                        X