Got me a Festy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got me a Festy!

So I found me a Festiva that needs a little TLC, the guy wants $300 for it and I pick it up Friday. It is a 5 speed non-carb but doesn't run, he says it needs a head gasket and it would run fine. There is a little rust in the trunk but not that bad and some minor under the rear fender. The interior needs a complete over haul but hopefully I can find all the parts I need here on the forums. Oh and the paint is horrible it was blue but now its faded has a small dent on the left fender and looks like it is in dire need of repainting. Also it is missing the front grill and has numerous other add-ons that don't belong but the plus side is that soon it will be mine and I will begin the process of getting it back to working order.

Congrats, and best of luck!

We. Wunt. Pics. Even of sad Festivas.
    White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
    White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
    1988 LX 5-speed
    ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

Welcome to the horde!
      HULi ---------------------------------------------------------------------------> Any-where, any-way, any-time.
      "CL4P-TP" - 93 Festiva L

Comment

Thanks guys I will take pictures as soon as I pick it up Friday.

Comment

Ok, so I havent bought the Festiva yet, as I stated earlier it is in pretty rough shape. I found the post in the FS column by Oren09 that has 2 nice Festivas near Dallas and it is giving me a second thought about buying the this one. Wondering if I should spend the money on this one that needs serious help or just forget it and buy one of the Festivas in Dallas, what do you guys think?

Comment

We'd have to see pics and know more about all of them, plus your plans, first.

A $300 car that you will be using for a suspension and engine upgrade could be a much better deal in the long run, while needing a car that is mostly good to begin with might argue for the more expensive options.

Also, IMO, anything 20 years old should be getting new hard lines, especially for brakes. My plans are to strip down every car I rebuild and do them right from now on.

Karl
            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
              We'd have to see pics and know more about all of them, plus your plans, first.

A $300 car that you will be using for a suspension and engine upgrade could be a much better deal in the long run, while needing a car that is mostly good to begin with might argue for the more expensive options.

Also, IMO, anything 20 years old should be getting new hard lines, especially for brakes. My plans are to strip down every car I rebuild and do them right from now on.

Karl
              Yeah I don't know how many more years my brake lines got, they are pretty bad on the front two wheels where they come through the fenders. Now that my emergency brake has given up the ghost, I am screwed if I lose brakes, I will have to engine brake to slow down.
              1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
              2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
              1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Good point Safety and Torque, I will ponder it a bit more and give myself until Thursday to make a decision. I do plan on rebuilding it although I was planning on daily driving it for alittle while so I can freshen up somethings on my STi. It would save me $ on wear and tear on the STi and gas since the Subaru runs on Premium gas and only gets 16 or so mpg. If I purchase the $300 Festiva i will have to sit on it for a bit until I can get the parts to make it run and then a few exterior parts like a side mirror and a grill along with a working speedo. Not sure if I should spend the money and time on the original engine or just find a B6/B8 since I will be upgrading it anyway.

Comment

Working...
                X