Anybody else have this hobby?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody else have this hobby?

When I start getting bored and I am broke my brain starts wondering odd things (mostly just go that would be interesting know and move on) and I like to figure them out. The one rule is can't be anything actually useful, sometimes I make whole custom car builds complete with rough budgets that I never intend to actual build, I like to design stealth speaker boxes for my car for hidden systems I never plan to build (spend hours measuring and calculating to get the most ridiculous system that can be hidden and not require extensive modification). Today I ran some numbers on the Jim Beam buy out and posted them on Facebook which I was called a nerd (by a close friend lol) for figuring it out, anybody else come up with some useless information nobody knows they wanted until they read about it?

I will add my calculations when I can copy and paste them.

Cool.. Always interested in useful crap for a later time

sent from the depths of hell.
    Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
    Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
    Highway - 7.32L/100km
    City - yet to be determined.

Comment

I do something similar.

I like to imagine that I take over OSU and get rid of the bureaucrats, hire administrators that remember what teaching is all about, lower tuition, fix what's broken, and restore academic integrity...

Oh whoah, man!! I'm really zoning out on that one! I felt my butt lift outta this seat and, oh, nevermind. It was kinda like a crystal meth and LSD infused psychedelic sci-fi fantasy that could only be imagined several parallel universes over from ours. And only during a full lunar eclipse on Jupiter. Rare situation, just the fantasy!

Sorry!

Karl
      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
      X