SUDDENACCELERATION.COM/?P=669

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUDDENACCELERATION.COM/?P=669

Next time your Festy aggravates you with some problem, read some material over there.
    When I'm good I'm very, very good and when I'm bad I'm HORRID.

Or it could be you have too many floormats.
    White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
    White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
    1988 LX 5-speed
    ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

THIS!

This is precisely why I will not own a car that has throttle by wire EVER!
      Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
      Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
      "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Okay, so how about the time (while my Festiva was entirely stock except the Aspire brake swap) that the throttle stuck wide open on me despite not having any scary witchcraft between my right foot and the throttle butterfly?
        Cables can seize just as easily as a DBW pedal can give a false WOT.
        Many heavy trucks have been DBW since the late '80s when mechanical injection pumps fell out of favor for technologies like HEUI/MEUI, and eventually Common Rail. They haven't had any major issues that I'm aware of. Only Cummins was able to keep using a mechanically controlled fuel delivery system after the mid-'90s, they kept using P-series injection pumps on the 8.3 until '03 (and DBW was optional after '96 anyway).
        These incidents happen because people are too stupid to use things like the clutch pedal, neutral or the off switch for the engine. Don't try to tell me the new keyless ignitions are hard to shut off either, if you're driving a vehicle with such a system and you don't know how to kill it you READ THE OWNERS MANUAL so that you know how to kill it if something bad happens. Plus they're all programmed to cut throttle if the brakes are applied now anyway.
        Last edited by Tommychu; 01-19-2014, 12:25 PM.

Comment

(Some good points Tommychu.) My point was that people sometimes get really aggravated that the Festiva doesn't run forever and has problems, yet look at the serious or expensive problems that COULD be had. Go online with the subject -(any car) problems - and read the horror stories. As far as SUA (Sudden Unexpected Acceleration), this is an electronic control problem that can only occur with faulty electronics, either from design or failure, where the throttle is APPLIED by either drive-by-wire or cruise control. Sticking throttle is therefore different, and overall, less serious since mechanical controls do not apply themselves. With a mechanical control, if you apply WOT, then you should be in a situation where, at the moment, it's feasible to do so. SUA is throttle applied for you, and is extremely dangerous in UNEXPECTED and low speed situations like parking lots, parking garages, school zones, especially WOT. Obvious stuff, yes? People have been killed and property damaged. "Don't tell me": It's always different when it becomes personal. I believe that in these situations people are less stupid than just outright panicked.
          When I'm good I'm very, very good and when I'm bad I'm HORRID.

Comment

Working...
          X