A sad day....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A sad day....

Today started out with a lot of promise. I got an alert from Row52.com that there was a "new" Festiva in one of the Calgary Pick N Pull yards. I checked into it and it was listed as a black 93. Assuming that the car was the original color it meant that it was GL Sport which of course means spoiler, striped interior etc. With high hopes I headed out first thing this morning. Was a little disappointed to find that the car was originally red and that it was not a sport. It didn't take long to realize that the car was, in fact, familiar. It had been at Westiva 2009 but the first time I saw it was in the parking lot of Pick N Pull as in these photos...

It was in very bad shape. It looked like someone had tried to make a truck out of it but changed their mind. The top of the driver's side strut tower had rusted out and was poorly braced with little scraps of metal, even a brake pad had been used. There was oil all over the engine compartment and a lot of garbage in the car; the back windows were taped shut and a lot of the unique features of the car were missing or damaged beyond repair. The swoopie mirrors were so full of silicone they weren't worth salvaging.

It was sad to see this car in such a sorry state but it was obviously too far gone to save.
    Last edited by fastivaca; 01-26-2014, 12:31 AM.
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

I need the swoopie sails from both sides. Please cut the connectors off so that you can pull the wires out and unscrew the three screws from underneath. A Little shot of WD on the ouyside, insert the screwdriver, give them a gentle tap with a small hammer before turning. Sail plates only. If you can't get them off, destroy the mirror housing and break the mirror, then take it to the front desk for pricing. Ultra thanks. Save the small screws and clip for the harness retainer and screw for mirror motor housing.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 01-26-2014, 07:58 AM.

Comment

fast, please phone the yard and tell them not to crush that Festiva. I am collecting good Protege mirrors to mate with Festiva sail plates. Before I bring them across the border, I disect them and discard the Protege sail plates.
      Last edited by bravekozak; 01-26-2014, 08:15 PM.

Comment

I should be able to make it back there long before they crush that one. I'll be sure to grab those sail plates for you.

Sent from somewhere west of here via Tapatalk!
        Ian
        Calgary AB, Canada
        93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
        59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Working...
        X