Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rx7 kinda odd

kinda odd but i love it lol
    Would you drive a car built by a teenager in his parents driveway with no safety features whatsoever? We did, and now we'll tell you why this ugly RX7 is so ...

im bout it! its awesome
    93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
    RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
    RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

A whole different spin on grunge rods. Kid seems to have done a pretty good job on this but I'd have really liked to see how the heck he got a FoMoCo 5.0 litre in there. Hopefully it wasn't duct-taped and sheet metal screwed in place like some of the other mods.
      My neighbour has had the identical car (84 model, charcoal colour with red interior) since new, it's never been out in the snow but the rotary motor is now starting to blow some serious smoke. Resale on these is close to zero and I could probably get hold of it just by cutting his 2 acre lawn a few times.

Comment

I loved it. Now I wants me a 1st gen RX7.

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Bert v8 rx7's have been done to death. There's plenty of kits to swap in small block fords and chevs.
          91GL BP/F3A with boost
          13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Kinda? It's a killing machine but speed is fun(: and so are mods lol
            This is my festiva, there are many like it but this one is mine':fred:

Comment

I have an 82 with a 13b swap myself!
              '93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

Comment

SCREW THE RX7. THIS IS A V8!!
                Owner of NZ's Lowest Aspire (festiva in nz)

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                  Bert v8 rx7's have been done to death. There's plenty of kits to swap in small block fords and chevs.
                  Neat! I like the clean lines of the old RX7s and around here they're not worth a heck of a lot anymore (good luck with rebuilding a rotary) despite being stored in the winters plus they're exempt from emissions tests. Not being a hot-rodder or hot foot nor interested in having 2-300 more pounds up front I'd be leaning toward a mild aluminum block Buick 215 c.i. or the British Motor Corp 3.5 l. version, and a 5 speed stick.

Comment

im digging it!
                    Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Bert wrote:

"Neat! I like the clean lines of the old RX7s and around here they're not worth a heck of a lot anymore (good luck with rebuilding a rotary) despite being stored in the winters plus they're exempt from emissions tests. Not being a hot-rodder or hot foot nor interested in having 2-300 more pounds up front I'd be leaning toward a mild aluminum block Buick 215 c.i. or the British Motor Corp 3.5 l. version, and a 5 speed stick."

Yes!!!!

All aluminum block and maybe 250 to 350 hp would suit me.

Karl
                      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
                      X