Question about how to start modding.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about how to start modding.

I am hoping this is the right place to ask this if not please let me know. I just got my first project car it is a 1996 ford festiva gli 5 door manual, and i wanted to start doing some basic engine mods. I was wandering what i should start with?

podddy all the way, new resonator, and get a muffler with twin 1inch pipes, makes a nice noise
    Owner of NZ's Lowest Aspire (festiva in nz)

Comment

Add a K04 turbo
      In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Matty, tell us where you are and more about your car.

Generally, it's best to just fix what's broken, do tune ups, check hoses, suspension, ball joints, tires, etc. and replace what it needs to keep running, and running well. As you do this, you'll be learning about your car and getting experience working on it and finding out how you want to mod it later on.

So if in doubt, just tune up, fix and check everything and get to know your car. Keep reading and asking questions on our forum. Time will tell you want you want after that!

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
        X