leaking Brake fluid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leaking Brake fluid

I just replaced the master cylinder on the 93 L , got it on, bled the lines, no problems there.. I now hear an air leak where the orginal master cylinder was leaking fluid between the MC and booster. I cleaned the booster before installing the new MC.

My question is there supposed to be a gasket between the booster and MC? if so what is a parts number. the parts store tried to look it and didn't find any part. I did not see any trace of a gasket on the old one...

Or is this a sign my booster is bad? I have brakes but just worries me, prior to the new MC I was adding fluid every other week…

Thoughts??

Originally posted by dkuehl View Post
    I just replaced the master cylinder on the 93 L , got it on, bled the lines, no problems there.. I now hear an air leak where the orginal master cylinder was leaking fluid between the MC and booster. I cleaned the booster before installing the new MC.

My question is there supposed to be a gasket between the booster and MC? if so what is a parts number. the parts store tried to look it and didn't find any part. I did not see any trace of a gasket on the old one...

Or is this a sign my booster is bad? I have brakes but just worries me, prior to the new MC I was adding fluid every other week…

Thoughts??

No gasket there that I know of, but this gasket is behind the booster.

If fluid is leaking out of the back of your new master cylinder then it is bad.
    If air is leaking it may mean you brake vacuum booster has an air leak.

http://koreanaparts.ru/parts/kia/pride__festiva/4/4340/KKY0143443

KKY0143443

http://www.fourgreen.com/store/scripts/GASKET-p-KKY0143443
    Last edited by 1990new; 02-15-2014, 12:54 PM.

Comment

No gasket. No fluid between the 2 to seal. The plunger on the MC is pushed in by the piston out of the Brake Booster. There should be no fluid at all

Comment

no fluid leaking just hearing air at that connection between booster and MC. I will start looking for a new booster I guess.. thanks

Comment

On my 88LX, out of the blue, I'm having to add 1/2" of brake fluid as often as every 48 hours or so, whether I drive the car or not. I see signs of fluid leakage where the MC bolts to the booster and puddling on top of the fuel filter below. I don't see a gasket there, but agree that there should NOT be any fluid in the booster. Otherwise, the brakes work just fine and I don't see any fluid leaks at any wheels.

Is this simply a matter of replacing the O-rings inside the MC, or should I exchange for an overhauled one? The car has 190K and I've had it since 113K 10+ years ago and never touched the MC. It's mostly a city car, so the brakes get used a lot.
          Last edited by AlaskaFestivaGuy; 04-20-2014, 06:16 PM.
          88L black, dailydriver
          88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
          4 88/89 disassembled
          91L green
          91GL aqua pwrsteer
          92GL red a/c reardmg
          3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
          1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

NOS booster E8BZ-2005-A

Comment

Working...