Car Towing Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Towing Question

Ok I am buying two festivas in North Carolina and need to tow them back to to Florida. The question that I have is that I have a 20ft equipment trailer that I can use but I am not certain if both cars would fit on it and wanted to know if anyone has towed two at the same time my plan is to try and get them both to fit so I would only have to make one trip. But if they would not fit i would be interested in any idea anyone has on how to tow them back i am taking a f-250 and the trailer to to pick them up.
    Last edited by jdm19942; 02-17-2014, 01:57 AM.

It would be a tight fit. May be possible if you put them on with the rears facing each other.

You'd still have overhang on both ends of the trailer.

Possibly removing bumpers but you risk body damage if the Festy's aren't secured really well.

Comment

ya if the rears are together you might have enough room... otherwise unless you are allowed to pull tandem down there and can run a car dolly behind your equipment trailer. Or try to fit one up on the box of the truck. lol.
      90 festiva BP/G25MR swap, spec v seats, aspire brakes, FMS springs, round headlight conversion with HID's, custom exhaust, fiberglass hood, and a whole lotta bodywork
      BEFORE AFTER

Comment

These cars are flyweight in comparison to other vehicles but they're still 1750 lb each and 12 feet long. If you were to put them side by side they might fit on an open side trailer but there are rules about width when you're towing.

Comment

I would see how long one is w/o the bumpers. Put the first one on front first and put the 2nd car on rear first. Chain them together.
          They might fit better with both fronts in first. There may a little over hang but it won't be enough to hurt you. Flatten the tires and chain them down and then re-inflate tires for a tight tie down.

Anybody know what one measures wo bumpers?
          Last edited by loknlode; 02-17-2014, 01:33 PM.
          admit nothing - deny everything - make accusations

Comment

stack em! lol
            92 GL, 98k
            77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

I will try to test the ideas everyone mentioned today or tomorrow with two of the festivas I have right now and see if I can get them to fit where I would feel comfortable. If that does not work I have a couple other options my friend has a truck that has a flat bed with cage that I know I could fit a festiva on with the other on the trailer or a box truck. II will keep you posted I am not going to pick up the cars until next Friday but I will keep everyone posted with how I decide to pick them up as well as pictures of when I do.

Comment

It would be a very tight fit, I towed 2 front to front before, but I had 24 feet to work with and it was still a little tight... best of luck though, if theres a will theres a way.
                89 LX (461xxx miles original motor and trans, retired)
                90 L (restoration in progress)
                91 L (saved from abusive owner lol)
                92 L (DD)
                88 (model unknown, rust free, possible project)
                88-89 (parts car. practically picked to the bone)
                93 GL (parts car)

Comment

Yeah I think I may just tow my explorer on the trailer up there then flat tow the manual festiva back and put the auto on the car trailer.

Comment

You could use a couple strong planks that were longer than the wheelbase of the car to give you a little extra length to your trailer. Make sure the plank goes under both front and back wheels and have the car facing forward. Nail or screw some blocks on each side of the rear tire to keep it from sliding sideways. If your trailer has a wood floor, you could also put a couple nails through the planks and into the floor to keep them from moving. I would also only travel during the daylight so you could keep an eye on them.
                    You gonna race that thing?
                    http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

Working...
                    X