Brake Line Length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Line Length

Anyone know how long a left front brake line is supposed to be? I have to buy a new replacement and I am going to need help finding how long it is supposed to be...
    Any help would be great.

are you trying to exactly replicate the original metal line from brake splitter to wheel well?

If so, try using a coathanger or other stiff wire to form the pathway, mark it, then straighten it out to measure.

You could also just take off the original line and use a ruler to run alongside, matching the curves and estimating length. Many folks don't follow the exact original brake line pathway. Just be sure you run it where it won't be rubbed or interfere with other components.

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Thanks. I don't care about the original. I just know that I am going to have to replace the line form the proportional valve to the wheel well on the Drivers side front. For some reason, I have not been able to get a proper leak proof seal on that specific line.

Comment

20" will do the left front brake line.. BTW

Comment

Working...
        X