ISO Exhaust Diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISO Exhaust Diagram

Hey guys, just in search of the exhaust diagram for my 97 ford Aspire. What I want to do is a straight pipe from the cat back then attach a muffler to the end. I know you can buy long pieces of tubing on autozone and was just going to do that and have a shop bend it for me. This brings up another question though. Is it legal (in the state of PA) to have to exhaust come out of the side of the car as long as it's behind the door? Any info is appreciated!

Sounds like a Festyboy question, our friendly neighborhood PA state inspect guy!
    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
    '92 Aqua parts Car
    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
    Your holy ghost will not save you.
    Your God plutonium will not save you.
    In fact...
    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

I feel like arty is mia! I think I'll just take it straight to the back anyways, you guys think 10 ft of pipe would be long enough? Also, would it be beneficial to upgrade to. 2 in pipe?

Comment

Arty's internet is MIA. Not him. I guess his new place and something with internet access and....
        -Bryant

Comment

I would recommend going 2" and either keeping A resonator.
          The stock resonator is reflection type which causes some backpressure.
          So I would replace it with a straight through round resonator.

The resonators job is to remove exhaust pulses which help smooth out the exhaust gasses leading to better evacuation to the end/better flow.
          And without it you will have a high pitched bumble bee sound.

Next magnaglow sells a stock dimension muffler you can buy that is 2"in/out sounds pretty good I have it.

But mainly remember exhaust velocity is created in the header/exhaust manifold.
          So your not going to gain much if anything at all only replacing the cat back.
          I did what you want to do and all I noticed was a high pitched bumble bee sound and a 2mpg drop in gas mileage.
          Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

Working...
          X