Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've been thinking about buying a Festiva....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kumalaba View Post
    dont get a carbed festy get the fi one for ease in swapping, 2nd the auto (to me is very boring) id go with the 5 speed for fun factor & mpg. the b6 will bolt up to the stock tranny & the b6 ecu, injectors, and vaf will work fine.

if adding turbo just use a fmu & you will have an easy 110 h.p. running 6-8lbs of boost. also get a little stronger clutch & if you dont powershift the stock tranny should hold. there are a few members running the 125h.p. bp dohc with the stock tranny & they hold up pretty good. welcome to the site!
    Thanks for the info. Sounds like a plan. I'm still looking.

Comment

good luck!
      Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

So, I found an '89 that the body is in primo condition. Unbelievable. I know it would be easire to get a '91-'93 because they are already fuel-injected, but what would I have to do to the carbed model in order to swap in my 1.6 B6 FI? I'm thinking harness, ECU, fuel lines, fuel pump. Anything else?

Comment

Add fuel tank
          Jerry
          Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
          90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
          92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
          93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Hey, hey and welcome. I too have a B6 SOHC Mazda 323 engine in my Festiva. I coupled it with a 5-speed standard transmission. The engine was originally a single carby without turbo. It had twins!
            KN, stop thinking and start buying!
            Last edited by bravekozak; 03-26-2014, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X